Savoury Spiced Nuts (Roasted)
These savoury spiced nuts are flavoured with BBQ seasonings and oven-roasted for so much deliciousness. They’re such a quick + easy appetizer or snack that happens to be healthy, too!
If you’ve ever wondered how to add flavour or seasoning to raw nuts – you’ve come to the right place!
This savoury roasted nut recipe combines raw almonds, cashews, and peanuts with delicious BBQ spices, like smoked paprika, chili, and cayenne.
This recipe is super crunchy and perfect to snack on! It makes a great party appetizer, grab-and-go snack, or even a tasty salad topper.
Plus, it’s SO easy to make these. Just a few steps and you’re done!
Did I mention this recipe is super healthy too? Nuts are an excellent source of so many micronutrients, healthy fats, fibre, and even a little protein.
They’re one of my favourite ingredients to use as a dietitian and this is such a fun way to reap their health benefits.
Want more appetizer ideas? Check out my roundup of 10+ easy appetizer recipes for more inspiration! I also have a roundup of 30+ make-ahead snacks if interested 🙂
Recipe Ingredients Needed
- raw almonds
- raw cashews
- raw peanuts
- egg white
- smoked paprika
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- coconut sugar
- ground black pepper
How To Make This Spiced Nuts Recipe
These homemade spiced nuts are SO easy to make!
Start by preheating your oven to 300F.
Then, mix together raw almonds, cashews, and peanuts into a large bowl.
In a small bowl, stir together all the spices. In a separate small bowl, whisk the egg white until it’s frothy.
Next, toss the nuts in the egg white mixture until well coated. Then, add the spice mixture and toss again.
Spread the nuts onto a baking sheet and place them in the oven for 20 minutes, tossing halfway.
Remove the nuts from the oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes. The nuts will continue to harden and crisp up once cooled. This is one of those recipes that taste even better the next day!
How To Store Homemade Spiced Nuts
Store these seasoned nuts in an airtight container or jar with a lid.
They will keep for up to 1 month at room temperature, but I’d recommend having them within 2 weeks for maximum freshness!
This savoury spiced nuts recipe is made with almonds, cashews, and peanuts. If you’d like, you can always leave one of these nuts out or just use a single nut variety. Just be sure to adjust the amounts to have 3 cups of raw nuts total.
This recipe is also made with egg whites, which help to make the spices stick and also make the nuts a bit crunchier. If you’d like a vegan or egg-free version, you can try this with olive oil instead. Do note that the spices won’t stick as well when using olive oil (I tried it!)
The spice mixture is meant to replicate a BBQ spice rub. If you have a ready-made BBQ seasoning at home, feel free to use that instead!
Ways To Enjoy These Savoury Roasted Nuts
This spiced nut mix can be enjoyed as:
- an easy appetizer to serve with drinks at a party
- a healthy on-the-go snack
- crushed up and sprinkled on top of a salad
Nutrition Benefits Of Nuts
Nuts are most well known for the fact that they are rich in heart-healthy unsaturated fats, which have been shown to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
In addition to healthy fats, nuts are a great source of dietary fibre, which helps to support gut health (among many other things)!
While the specific nutrient profiles of each nut will vary, in general nuts are a good source of many micronutrients (vitamins + minerals), such as:
- vitamin E
More Easy Snack Recipes
- Healthy Homemade Trail Mix: 3 Recipes
- Savoury Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates
- Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Healthy Baked Apple Nachos
- Chocolate Hazelnut Bliss Balls
Did you give this Savoury Spiced Nuts Recipe a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Savoury Spiced Nuts (Roasted)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw peanuts
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1.5 tsp chili powder
- 1.5 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 300F.
- Mix together raw almonds, cashews, and peanuts into a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, stir together all the spices.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the egg white until it's frothy.
- Next, toss the nuts in the egg white mixture until well coated. Then, add the spice mixture and toss again.
- Spread the nuts in an even layer on a baking sheet and place them in the oven for 20 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Remove the nuts from the oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes. The nuts will continue to harden and crisp up once cooled.
- This recipe is made with almonds, cashews, and peanuts. If you’d like, you can always leave one of these out or just use a single nut variety. Just be sure to adjust the amounts to have 3 cups of raw nuts total.
- This recipe is also made with an egg white, which helps to make the spices stick and also make the nuts a bit crunchier. If you’d like a vegan or egg-free version, you can try this with olive oil instead.
- The spice mixture is meant to replicate a BBQ spice rub. If you have a ready-made BBQ seasoning at home, feel free to use that instead!
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know by leaving a recipe rating below, or by tagging @walderwellness on Instagram. I love seeing your beautiful creations!
8 Comments on “Savoury Spiced Nuts (Roasted)”
Hi Carrie, I never tried this recipe before, I’ll definitely try this and let you know how was the taste. Thank you for guiding us with such a favorable recipe.
Hi Muhammad! I can’t wait to hear what you think! I hope you enjoy it. Thank you so much for the kind comment 🙂
Thank you so much, Judy!! I so appreciate the review. I’m so happy to hear you enjoyed this one 🙂
Thank you for this great recipe.
How much oil is sufficient for an egg-free/vegan option.
You are so welcome, Harbinder! I hope you enjoy it. I do not have an *exact* measurement, but for 3 cups of raw nuts I would estimate about 2 Tablespoons of olive oil! Enough to make sure they are nicely coated 🙂
Thank you for your very quick response carrie, really appreciate it.
What would be the alternative if oil had to be omitted or for a vegan.
Does use of oil/butter have an effect on the shelf life of the nuts?
Sorry for asking too many question
No worries, Harbinder! Unfortunately, oil is the alternative for what is originally used in this recipe (egg whites). You can’t really make this recipe without either… the oil/egg whites helps to get the spices to stick to the nuts and aids in roasting them. Sorry I’m not able to offer another alternative!!