Start Here Guide
Hello and welcome to Walder Wellness, an online resource for home cooks who are passionate about healthy eating, without ever compromising on flavour. My name is Carrie Walder, MS, RD, and I’m a Registered Dietitian in both Canada and the United States.
What You’ll Find Here
On this blog you’ll find tons of delicious recipes that will help you add more whole foods into your everyday life in a way that’s simple, realistic, and nutritionally-balanced.
All the recipes are plant-forward, with many vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and pescatarian options.
My recipes are meant to inspire you, and are easily modified based on what you have on hand or what is in season. Nothing here is too complicated (beginner cooks welcome!), and these meals are meant to fit in with a busy lifestyle.
My definition of “healthy” has nothing to do with calories, numbers, or restriction. Food is SO much more than that and is meant to be enjoyed! I take a positive, non-diet approach to nutrition, focusing on all the nutritious foods you can add IN, versus what you need to take out. I so hope this approach resonates with you.
Get To Know Me Better
If you’d like to get to know me better, check out my About Page or read through my most Frequently Asked Questions. Here you’ll learn more about my nutrition story, my education and credentials, what a dietitian is, as well as answers to common questions about my recipes and business!
Shop My Kitchen Essentials
Check out my Shop Page to find a collection of all my favourite pantry staples, kitchen equipment, sustainable items, and even favourite cookbooks.
My hope is that you’ll love these products as much as I do and that they’ll help you out in the kitchen, too!
How To Stay Connected
With the always-changing algorithms of social media platforms, the BEST way to stay connected is via my email list. I send out a short email every time a new recipe goes live (about twice a week), so that you’ll never miss out on any healthy eating inspiration!
Below you’ll find all the recipe roundups I have on my site. These roundups help to organize my library of recipes by ingredients and meal types!
- 20+ Healthy Pasta Recipes
- 15+ Easy Egg Recipe Ideas
- 15+ Healthy Shrimp Recipes
- 10+ Simple Salmon Recipes
- 25+ Healthy Recipes With Oats
- 15+ Healthy Recipes With Strawberries
- 30+ Recipes With Chia Seeds
- 30+ Easy Recipes With Avocado
Roundups By Meal Type
- 20+ Easy, Healthy Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
- 30+ Plant-Based Breakfast Ideas
- 10 Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- 20+ Summer Salad Recipe Ideas
- 20+ Healthy Lunch Ideas To Pack For Work
- 10+ No-Bake Energy Ball Recipes
Meal Prep Roundups
- 35+ Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas
- 30+ Meal Prep Snack Recipes
- 30+ Meal Prep Ideas For Lunch & Dinner
- 30+ Meal Prep Components To Mix & Match
How To Guides
Here you’ll find in-depth blog posts for how to prepare certain meals and foods!
- How To Cook & Season Quinoa: 3 Ways
- How To Make Chia Jam: 3 Ways
- How To Make Homemade Trail Mix: 3 Ways
- How To Cook Farro (Stovetop Method)
- How To Poach An Egg
- How To Make a Low FODMAP Cheese Board
20 Popular Recipes
Below you’ll find a selection of some of the most popular recipes on the blog (and some of my personal favourites)!