Easy, Healthy Baked Apple Nachos
These healthy baked apple nachos are such an easy, fun, and delicious snack idea that the whole family will love. Apples are tossed in cinnamon and baked in the oven, before adding creative toppings like nut butters, granola, or chocolate chips!
Looking for some easy, delicious, but healthy snack ideas that the whole family will love? These baked apple nachos have got you covered.
In this recipe, apple slices are tossed in cinnamon and oven-baked to bring out all their delicious flavour. You can then add all the toppings your heart desires – I share some ideas below to get you started!
The fun “nacho” style of this recipe is something both kids and adults alike will enjoy. If you want to get the kids involved in the process, have them choose and add the toppings. They’ll get excited to enjoy a snack that they helped create, and you’ll feel good about getting them to eat something nutritious!
And if you’re like me and don’t have kids – I can attest that this is an adult-approved snack too 😉
Let’s get started!
What Are Apple Nachos?
Inspired by the classic Mexican dish of heated tortilla chips covered in toppings, apple nachos are simply apple slices covered in fun toppings, like nut butters, granola, or chocolate chips.
While most apple nacho recipes you’ll find on the internet use raw apples, I decided to add a fun twist by baking the apples first!
Baking apples brings out their natural sweetness and adds a whole new level of flavour. They’re soft, warm, and taste oh-so-good. If you’ve never tried cooking apples before, you’re in for a serious treat.
Apple Nachos Ingredients
The only ingredients you need to make the base of these apple nachos are:
From there, you can get creative with topping ideas depending on your taste preferences, dietary needs, or what ingredients you have on hand.
Check out some of my favourite apple nacho topping ideas below!
Toppings for Apple Nachos
Top your baked apple nachos with as many of the ingredient ideas below as you would like. This is just a starting point – feel free to get creative here!
- Nut or seed butters – try to use unsweetened versions of peanut butter, almond butter, or sunflower seed butter (if you need a nut-free version)
- Chopped nuts – raw pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc.
- Seeds – sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, etc.
- Coconut flakes
- Chocolate chips
- Plain Greek yogurt or a vegan alternative
I’d love to know what topping combinations you come up with!
How To Make Healthy Baked Apple Nachos
Making these baked apple nachos couldn’t be easier!
Simply start by preheating your oven to 350F and by chopping your apples into slices.
Remove the apple nachos from the oven, then add toppings as desired. That’s it!
PS. If you’re in a pinch, you can skip the baking part of this recipe and simply use sliced raw apples and the toppings of your choice. The flavour will be different, but also super tasty!
Apple Nachos Nutrition
These baked apple nachos are not only delicious, but they’re packed with good-for-you ingredients, too!
- excellent sources of dietary fibre. One medium-sized, unpeeled apple contains almost 5 grams of fibre, or 17% of your daily fibre needs.
- good sources of micronutrients like vitamin C and potassium.
- rich in various plant compounds that act as antioxidants, helping to prevent cellular damage.
The toppings you add can also pack in a nutritious punch. For instance,
- nuts, seeds, and nut butters are excellent sources of heart-healthy fats and plant-based proteins. They contain many micronutrients (like zinc, magnesium + vitamin E), but also help to slow digestion and prevent spikes in blood sugar. Pairing them with apples will make this snack super satisfying!
- plain greek yogurt is an excellent source of protein, micronutrients (like calcium, potassium, vitamin A + B12), and gut-friendly probiotic bacteria
More Healthy Snack Ideas
- No-Bake Trail Mix Granola Bars
- Chewy Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- Easy Honey Tahini Oatmeal Cookies
- Healthy Key Lime Pie Chia Pudding
- 5-Ingredient Chocolate Hazelnut Bliss Balls
- No-Bake Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites
- Healthy Homemade Trail Mix: 3 Recipes
Did you give this Healthy Baked Apple Nachos Recipe a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Easy, Healthy Baked Apple Nachos
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove the apple nachos from the oven, then add toppings as desired. Enjoy immediately!