Hi everyone! Welcome to Walder Wellness – I’m so happy you stopped by! I’m Carrie Walder, MS, RD, and I’m a Registered Dietitian in both Canada and the United States.
As a Registered Dietitian, I am passionate about clarifying the misinformation on nutrition, promoting healthy lifestyle change, and helping others foster positive relationships with food. Everyday we are bombarded with unnecessarily complicated diet advice, and it is my mission to simplify what eating healthy means and to get back to basics.
On this blog you’ll find easy recipes and everyday meal inspiration to help you easily incorporate more whole foods into your lifestyle. I’ll provide healthy eating tips and tricks, discuss current nutrition topics, introduce you to new foods, and share my essentials to living a healthy, balanced life.
What Is A Dietitian?
Registered Dietitians (RDs) are regulated healthcare professionals and food/nutrition experts that have met strict criteria to earn and maintain their credentials.
To learn more about dietitians – what we do, what our training involves, and how to become one – check out my in-depth blog post all about Becoming A Registered Dietitian!
Credentials & Education
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology, The University of British Columbia (UBC)
- Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), New York University (NYU)
- Master’s of Science (MS) in Clinical Nutrition, New York University
- Dietetic Internship completed at NYU, placed at Mount Sinai Medical Center (Manhattan)
- Registered Dietitian, College of Dietitians of British Columbia (Canada)
- Registered Dietitian, Commission on Dietetic Registration (USA)
My Nutrition Story
If you’ve been following along on my Instagram account, you know that I like to use simple ingredients in creative ways to make healthy eating accessible and delicious.
Eating healthy can be overwhelming at first, but that’s a mindset I hope to change! Trust me – I know first hand what it’s like to be confused and clueless in the kitchen. A few years ago, I could barely cook more than pasta and eggs, and I paid very little regard to what I was putting into my body.
As a result, I constantly struggled with digestive issues and a lack of energy, but it was a battle with severe (and sudden) acne that proved to be my catalyst for a lifestyle change.
Since then, I’ve spent countless hours teaching myself how to cook healthfully, experimenting with new foods, and have found my passion in inspiring others to do the same – so much so that in 2014, I packed up my life, moved to New York City, and went back to school to study the field of nutrition. In 2018, I returned to my hometown of Vancouver to start my nutrition business!
Not Sure Where To Start?
You’ll love some of my most popular posts below:
- Lemon Blueberry Avocado Smoothie
- Simple Creamy Green Smoothie
- Banana Chai Smoothie
- 4-Ingredient Banana Oat Pancakes
- Easy Stovetop Shakshuka
- Ginger Baked Pear Oatmeal
- Warm Mushroom Salad With Miso Dressing
- Roasted Broccoli Salad With Cranberry, Farro & Feta
- Summer Salad With Corn, Strawberries & Avocado
- Cantaloupe Melon Salad With Cucumber & Feta
- Shrimp & Broccoli With Lemon, Honey & Feta
- Cheesy Butternut Squash Rice With Shrimp
- Green Goddess Rice Bowl With Shrimp
- Crispy Baked Tofu With Maple Miso Sauce
- 5-Minute Miso Tahini Pasta Sauce
- Crispy Turmeric Salmon With Yogurt Sauce
- Pasta With Vegan Cashew Cream Tomato Sauce
- The Best No-Bean Vegan Chili
- Mediterranean Canned Mackerel Pasta
- Creamy Coconut Corn Rice
- Grilled Zucchini With Goat Cheese, Basil & Honey
- How To Cook & Season Quinoa
- Vegan Roasted Butternut Squash & Pear Soup
Snacks & Sweets:
- Chewy, Healthy Vegan Breakfast Cookies
- Honey Tahini Oatmeal Cookies
- Chocolate Coconut Date Balls
- Healthy Homemade Frozen Greek Yogurt
My recipes are meant to inspire you, and are easily modified based on what you have on hand or what is in season. Nothing here is too complicated, and these meals are meant to fit in with a busy lifestyle.
Cooking with beautiful, whole foods has become a creative outlet for me, and I hope that you enjoy making these recipes as much as I enjoy sharing them with you.
Let’s Stay Connected!
That said – the BEST way to stay up-to-date with new recipes is to join my email list. You’ll get a short email each time a new recipe blog post goes live (about 2-3 times per week). Feel free to sign up using the form below – I promise not to spam you 🙂
NEVER MISS A RECIPE:
I’m so excited to have you join me on this journey towards wellness and better health!
Lifestyle photos by Origami Social Co.