Roasted Spicy Honey Carrots With A Yogurt Parsley Sauce
Happy almost-December everyone! These Roasted Spicy Honey Carrots With Yogurt Parsley Sauce were inspired by a few different recipes in the Gjelina Cookbook (one of the most beautiful and flavourful cookbooks I own + one that would make a great holiday gift!!) As much as I love that cookbook for inspiration, many of the meals are quite elaborate. If you know me, I’m all about simple easy dishes, and these roasted carrots are just that!
A delicious side dish for your next holiday gathering, the spicy honey gives a unique flavor to the roasted carrots, while the yogurt parsley sauce provides a refreshing contrast. It tastes best served immediately, but if making ahead, be sure to keep the carrots separate from the sauce so that the carrots can be reheated. I hope you guys enjoy this one!
Get the Recipe: Roasted Spicy Honey Carrots With A Yogurt Parsley Sauce
- Approx 1.5 pounds baby carrots
- 1 Tbsp spicy honey (I used Mike's Hot Honey, but you could use regular honey + chilli flakes)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (benefits of Greek yogurt)
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp pistachios, chopped
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes to serve
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Peel and wash baby carrots. Dry with a paper towel.
- Toss carrots in a mixing bowl with spicy honey and olive oil until well-coated. Spread carrots over a baking sheet. Roast in oven for approx. 30-40 minutes until tender and slightly browned.
- In a food processor, add greek yogurt, parsley, lemon juice, and sea salt to taste. Mix until well-combined.
- Remove carrots from oven, and place in a serving dish. Drizzle with yogurt sauce (save some for dipping), sprinkle with chopped pistachios, a few red pepper flakes, and parsley. Add salt as desired. Best served hot.
As a dietitian, I create recipes with whole food ingredients that provide the nutrients needed for optimal health. My nutrition philosophy does not focus on numbers; however, I understand that this information can be helpful.
Do note that the nutrition info provided is an estimate and I cannot guarantee correctness of the displayed values. These numbers will differ depending on brands used, recipe modifications, and amount eaten. If you require specific nutrition information due to medical reasons, please consult with your dietitian or physician.