Roasted Spicy Honey Carrots With A Yogurt Parsley Sauce
Happy almost-December everyone! These Roasted Spicy Honey Carrots With Yogurt Parsley Sauce were inspired by a few different recipes in the Gjelina Cookbook (one of the most beautiful and flavourful cookbooks I own + one that would make a great holiday gift!!) As much as I love that cookbook for inspiration, many of the meals are quite elaborate. If you know me, I’m all about simple easy dishes, and these roasted carrots are just that!
A delicious side dish for your next holiday gathering, the spicy honey gives a unique flavor to the roasted carrots, while the yogurt parsley sauce provides a refreshing contrast. It tastes best served immediately, but if making ahead, be sure to keep the carrots separate from the sauce so that the carrots can be reheated. I hope you guys enjoy this one!
Get the Recipe: Roasted Spicy Honey Carrots With A Yogurt Parsley Sauce
- Approx 1.5 pounds baby carrots
- 1 Tbsp spicy honey (I used Mike's Hot Honey, but you could use regular honey + chilli flakes)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup parsley
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp pistachios, chopped
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes to serve
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Peel and wash baby carrots. Dry with a paper towel.
- Toss carrots in a mixing bowl with spicy honey and olive oil until well-coated. Spread carrots over a baking sheet. Roast in oven for approx. 30-40 minutes until tender and slightly browned.
- In a food processor, add greek yogurt, parsley, lemon juice, and sea salt to taste. Mix until well-combined.
- Remove carrots from oven, and place in a serving dish. Drizzle with yogurt sauce (save some for dipping), sprinkle with chopped pistachios, a few red pepper flakes, and parsley. Add salt as desired. Best served hot.