Zucchini Noodles With Creamy Avocado Pesto (Vegan)
Zucchini noodles (“zoodles”) are the perfect healthy alternative to pasta, and a great way to sneak in some extra veggies. Zoodles are low in calories, high in fiber, full of nutrients, and can be enjoyed hot or cold depending on your mood (and the weather).
This avocado pesto is inspired by Oh She Glows and is one of my absolute favorites – with its creamy, cheesy flavor, you would never know it was vegan! I honestly make a variation of this creamy sauce at least every other week – not exaggerating. Feel free to get creative and use this sauce as a dip, spread, or on top of regular pasta as well.
Get the Recipe: Zucchini Noodles With Creamy Avocado Pesto (Vegan)
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 handful of fresh basil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Optional: sautéed vegetables such as mushrooms or tomatoes to add to dish
- Wash and spiralize zucchinis. If you don’t own a spiralizer, a julienne peeler or regular vegetable peeler can work to make vegetable noodles as well. Set aside in a bowl.
- To make the sauce, blend avocado, basil, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and nutritional yeast in a food processer until smooth. Feel free to adjust ingredient amounts to your liking.
- To enjoy this dish cold, simply mix the sauce and raw zucchini noodles and serve. If you’d prefer this warm, lightly sauté the zucchini noodles before mixing with sauce (cook for 1-2 minutes only, so they don't get soggy).
- Add salt, pepper, and any additional toppings that you desire.