30+ Healthy Plant-Based Breakfast Ideas, Including Chocolate Banana Chia Pudding
This chocolate banana chia seed pudding is such an easy breakfast or snack idea. It's just 7 ingredients and so simple to make! Plus, 30 more healthy plant-based breakfast ideas.
Whisk the dry ingredients (chia seeds, cacao powder, cinnamon) together in a large container or bowl.
Then, add the almond milk, vanilla, maple syrup, and mashed banana to the dry ingredients. Whisk everything together well.
Cover and refrigerate the container or bowl for a minimum of 2 hours (or overnight). The chia pudding will thicken during this time.
Once the chia pudding has thicken, pour it into your blender and blend until smooth. This step is optional, but I love how smooth it makes the pudding!
Serve and add toppings as desired. Or, store to enjoy later.
*SERVINGS: this recipe will serve 2-4 depending on if you're enjoying it for a meal (breakfast) or a snack (smaller portion)! And also on how hungry you are ;)
*STORAGE: Chia pudding can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. Simply portion out the serving you would like, then add toppings before eating!
- a sprinkle of chopped nuts, like hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, or pecans
- a scoop of peanut or almond butter
- a sprinkle of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or cacao nibs
- extra banana slices or other fruit (like berries)
- While I used almond milk for this recipe, you can use any milk or milk alternative that you'd like. My only suggestion is to choose one that's unsweetened!
- If you can't find raw cacao powder, cocoa powder will also work. Do note that it's a bit sweeter though, so you may not need to add maple syrup to sweeten this recipe.
- Blending this chia pudding is optional! It's a great way to get a smoother, more true-to-pudding texture, but not necessary. I make many chia seed puddings without the blender :)