Green Goddess Rice Bowl With Shrimp
This creamy rice bowl is made with a vegan avocado green goddess dressing that is SO fresh, healthy + delicious. Pair with shrimp or your favourite protein! Recipe is gluten-free, with vegan option available.
- 1 cup brown rice, dry
- Approx. 32 shrimp, thawed, tails-off, deveined
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
Vegan Green Goddess Dressing:
- 1 large avocado
- 1 cup parsley, packed
- 1/2 cup chives
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- Salt + pepper, to taste
Cook brown rice by rinsing rice in a sieve and transferring to a large pot. Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and let cook for about 25 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat and let steam for 10 minutes.
While the rice cooks, prepare the green goddess dressing by combining all dressing ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth, adjusting seasonings as desired. Next, pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and toss in olive oil. Heat a pan to med-high and cook shrimp 2 mins each side. To ensure adequate space between each shrimp, you will likely have to do this in batches. Set cooked shrimp aside in a clean bowl.
When the rice is ready, fold in baby spinach and stir in green goddess dressing until well-combined.
Serve green goddess rice mixture and top with shrimp. Enjoy!
*Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat on the stovetop (stirring frequently) or in the microwave.
- Feel free to swap the brown rice in this recipe for another grain. This bowl would taste great with quinoa or farro, too!
- You can also try pairing the green goddess rice with another protein. Enjoy it as a side dish to some baked or crispy salmon, or some baked chicken.
- For a vegan option, swap the shrimp for a plant-based protein like tofu. Remember - unlike regular green goddess dressing, this one is entirely plant-based!