Baked Feta With Tomatoes & Mezzetta Peppers
This easy baked feta is paired with peppers, tomatoes, and fresh herbs. It's a delicious and healthy-ish appetizer recipe that's perfect for parties!
- 15 oz feta cheese block (420 grams)
- 12 oz cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (340 grams)
- 1 cup Mezzetta Roasted Bell Pepper Strips
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta Sweet Cherry Peppers
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta Tamed Jalapeño Peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Black pepper, to taste
- Serve with: crackers, baguette slices, pita chips, or vegetable crudités (e.g. sliced cucumber rounds)
Preheat oven to 400F.
In a large bowl, toss halved tomatoes with 3 types of peppers, olive oil, dried basil, dried thyme, and sliced garlic cloves.
Place block(s) of feta in a baking dish. Pour the pepper and tomato mix around the feta, drizzling some of the remaining juices overtop of the cheese.
Place your baking dish in the oven, and let bake for 20 minutes. Finish the feta under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, to get everything a little bit browned.
Remove the baked feta from the oven and top with fresh basil and black pepper. Serve with crackers, baguette, or vegetable crudités. Enjoy immediately!
*This dish is meant to be served warm, ideally straight from the oven! But if you have to make it in advance of your party, simply reheat it for about 5-10 minutes in the oven (350F) before serving.
*If you have any leftovers (highly unlikely), simply drain any excess liquid from the baking dish. Transfer to an airtight container and keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. Leftovers can be enjoyed as before, or repurposed and added to an omelette, pasta, or salad!