Healthy Chocolate & Ginger Chia Pudding (Vegan)
This delicious chia pudding is rich in fiber, omega-3s, and antioxidants! Nutritious, but good enough to eat for dessert? Yes, please!
Servings 3 servings
Add chia seeds, cacao powder, and ginger to a large bowl or jar. Mix ingredients together before adding milk and maple syrup.
Mix wet and dry ingredients well, then cover and keep in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours until mixture has solidified.
Remove from fridge and add mixture to a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth (~1 minute).
Serve and add topping as desired. Best enjoyed cold!
*NOTE: Blending is OPTIONAL! If you don't mind the texture of traditional chia pudding, feel free to skip this step! If you prefer something smoother, then you might enjoy it blended :)
- You need to allow at least 2 hours for the chia seeds to soak in the liquid. This causes the chia seeds to swell up and create a "gel," which is what gives this a pudding-like texture. You CANNOT skip this step!
- Chia pudding is best enjoyed chilled - keep it in the fridge until you're ready to eat it!
- If you find that the pudding is too runny for your liking - simply add a few more chia seeds. If it's too thick - add a splash more milk.
- Add toppings just before serving, otherwise they risk getting soggy.
- Recipe keeps well in the fridge for a few days - feel free to make a larger batch! For every 1 cup of milk, you will need 1/4 cup of chia seeds.