Cantaloupe Melon Salad With Cucumber & Feta
This cantaloupe melon salad is made with refreshing ingredients like cucumber, fresh mint, lime, and feta cheese. It's a super simple summer side salad idea that's both sweet and savoury. This recipe is easy, healthy, and gluten-free!
- 2 cups cantaloupe melon, skin removed + cut into chunks (or spooned into balls)
- 2 cups cucumber, chopped into half-moons
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Approx. 15 large fresh mint leaves, torn or chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juice only
- Salt + pepper, to taste
Prep all ingredients and add to a large serving bowl. Toss everything together well, adjusting seasonings as desired.
Serve immediately, or chill for 30 minutes before serving!
*MAKE IN ADVANCE: If you'd like to make this salad in advance, simply chop the melon and cucumber and store in an airtight container in the fridge. You can do this the day or night before. Simply toss with the other ingredients when you're ready to serve it or an hour or so beforehand.
Note - I would NOT recommend chopping the mint in advance as it can go brown and go a little limp! It's truly best when it's freshly chopped.
*LEFTOVERS: Leftovers of this salad can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. Because there's no lettuce, it won't feel too soggy :)
- If you'd like to add a little extra to this recipe, feel free to bulk up this salad with some additional ingredients like quinoa and arugula. You may need to add some additional olive oil and lime juice in this case, but the flavours would still work well.
- If you need a dairy-free version, simply swap the feta cheese with a vegan alternative.
- If you can't find cantaloupe melons, you can always try making this with watermelon or honeydew instead.
- Feel free to increase the serving size as needed if you want to serve this at a larger gathering!