Vegan Pumpkin Sage Cashew Cream With Brown Pad Thai Rice Noodles
Can you believe it’s already the end of November?! With the colder months coming, I love transitioning to warm, comforting, and seasonal meals. Today I’m partnering with a company that I discovered this year and absolutely LOVE – Lotus Foods – to bring you this fall-inspired pumpkin sage cashew cream noodle dish, using their whole grain Brown Pad Thai Rice Noodles instead of pasta. Lotus Foods sources their rice from farmers who harvest greater amounts of rice with lower amounts of water, methane emissions, and women’s workload, making them a women- and climate-friendly company. I’ve been loving their whole line of rice noodles, and I’ve gotten my mom hooked too!
This creamy and completely plant-based meal would make a perfect side dish for the upcoming holidays, or just a cozy winter night at home. This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan, making it appropriate for guests with dietary restrictions. I hope you guys enjoy it!
Thank you so much to Lotus Foods for sponsoring this post!
Get the Recipe: Vegan Pumpkin Sage Cashew Cream With Brown Pad Thai Rice Noodles
- 1 package Lotus Foods Brown Pad Thai Rice Noodles
- 1 small sugar pumpkin (or butternut squash)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 cloves garlic
- 7 leaves fresh sage
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp ground Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Approx. 1 cup boiled water
- Cooking spray (e.g. avocado oil spray)
- Boil ~1 cup water, pour over raw cashews, and set aside. If not using a high-speed blender (like a Vitamix), I would recommend soaking the cashews in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and slice ends off of the sugar pumpkin. Cut in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Spray with avocado oil spray on both sides of pumpkin.
- Place pumpkin halves face side down on parchment paper and bake for ~45 minutes until tender. Once done, remove from oven and let cool for ~10 minutes.
- Peel and mince garlic cloves. Add minced garlic and sage leaves to a small pan with a bit of olive oil, sautéing for a few minutes until garlic browns.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook brown rice noodles according to package directions, making sure not to over-cook.
- Drain cashews and add to high-speed blender with sautéed garlic, sage, nutritional yeast, thyme, cinnamon, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Remove skin from pumpkin and add to high-speed blender. Blend on high until well mixed and creamy. If needed, add a splash of hot water to sauce mixture if too thick. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Drain noodles and return to pot. Add pumpkin sauce and stir well. Serve with extra seasonings, a sprinkle of nutritional yeast, etc. Enjoy immediately!
As a dietitian, I create recipes with whole food ingredients that provide the nutrients needed for optimal health. My nutrition philosophy does not focus on numbers; however, I understand that this information can be helpful.
Do note that the nutrition info provided is an estimate and I cannot guarantee correctness of the displayed values. These numbers will differ depending on brands used, recipe modifications, and amount eaten. If you require specific nutrition information due to medical reasons, please consult with your dietitian or physician.