Watermelon Salad with Cucumber, Avocado, Feta & Mint
Watermelon salad is the juiciest, most refreshing thing to eat all summer long. A perfect mix of sweet and savory flavors, this salad is great served as a starter, or can be mixed with a grain such as quinoa (as seen here) for a filling, hydrating, and nutritionally-balanced meal:
- Quinoa and feta provide complex carbs and complete proteins
- Avocado and olive oil are filled with healthy fats
- Watermelon and cucumber contain many micronutrients.
PS – Serving this salad in the watermelon rind is optional, but much more fun (and less clean-up, too!) 😉
Get the Recipe: Watermelon Salad with Cucumber, Avocado, Feta & Mint
- 1 mini watermelon
- 1 avocado
- 1 English cucumber
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese or feta
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 – 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
- Slice mini watermelon in half. Using a melon baller or a teaspoon, scoop out balls of watermelon and place in a small bowl. Save watermelon rind for serving if desired.
- Roughly chop fresh mint, and dice cucumber and avocado. Add ingredients along with goat/feta cheese to the bowl with the watermelon.
- Toss ingredients with the olive oil and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salad in the watermelon rind for the perfect summer salad! Best when served cold.
As a dietitian, I create recipes with whole food ingredients that provide the nutrients needed for optimal health. My nutrition philosophy does not focus on numbers; however, I understand that this information can be helpful.
Do note that the nutrition info provided is an estimate and I cannot guarantee correctness of the displayed values. These numbers will differ depending on brands used, recipe modifications, and amount eaten. If you require specific nutrition information due to medical reasons, please consult with your dietitian or physician.