Watermelon Salad with Cucumber, Avocado, Feta & Mint
Watermelon salad is the juiciest, most refreshing thing to eat all summer long. A perfect mix of sweet and savory flavors, this salad is great served as a starter, or can be mixed with a grain such as quinoa (as seen here) for a filling, hydrating, and nutritionally-balanced meal:
- Quinoa and feta provide complex carbs and complete proteins
- Avocado and olive oil are filled with healthy fats
- Watermelon and cucumber contain many micronutrients.
PS – Serving this salad in the watermelon rind is optional, but much more fun (and less clean-up, too!) 😉
Get the Recipe: Watermelon Salad with Cucumber, Avocado, Feta & Mint
- 1 mini watermelon
- 1 avocado
- 1 English cucumber
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese or feta
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Optional: 1 – 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
- Slice mini watermelon in half. Using a melon baller or a teaspoon, scoop out balls of watermelon and place in a small bowl. Save watermelon rind for serving if desired.
- Roughly chop fresh mint, and dice cucumber and avocado. Add ingredients along with goat/feta cheese to the bowl with the watermelon.
- Toss ingredients with the olive oil and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salad in the watermelon rind for the perfect summer salad! Best when served cold.