Strawberry Tomato & Avocado Salad
This strawberry, tomato, and avocado salad is bursting with flavour and nutrition. You can make it in minutes and it’s absolutely perfect for your next summer BBQ or picnic!
As soon as strawberry season hits, I can’t help but add them to ALL. MY. MEALS. Anyone else?
If you love strawberries as much as I do, you’re in luck – I’ve got a bunch of strawberry recipes in the works. But first up – this insanely flavourful Strawberry, Tomato & Avocado Salad.
I think this would be a perfect salad option to make ahead and bring to a summer BBQ or picnic. There’s no lettuce in here, so it won’t go limp and soggy!
If making in advance, the only thing I would suggest is adding the avocado just before serving to prevent browning.
This salad is beyond quick and easy to make (15 minutes), and it’s bursting with flavour from all the fresh seasonal ingredients. I guarantee it’ll be a hit at your next get together!
Strawberry Nutrition Benefits
Not only are strawberries bursting with flavour, but they’re packed with nutrients, too!
Did you know that 1 cup of strawberries provides 140% of your daily vitamin C needs? It’s one of the best sources of vitamin C out there, playing a role in keeping our skin healthy and preventing cell damage (it’s an antioxidant).
Like other berries, strawberries are also a great source of good-for-the-gut dietary fibre; 1 cup provides 3 grams.
Strawberries also contain a small amount of:
- vitamin B6
Tomato Nutrition Benefits
Like strawberries, tomatoes are also a rich source of vitamin C and other phytochemicals that act as antioxidants, like lycopene and beta-carotene.
In addition, tomatoes are a source of:
- dietary fibre
- vitamin K
TIP: For the best flavour – I highly recommend purchasing vine-ripened tomatoes. It makes such a difference (promise).
Avocado Nutrition Benefits
Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids and are actually super high in dietary fibre (1 cup provides 40% of your daily fibre needs)!
This unique combination of monounsaturated fats and fibre makes them extremely heart-healthy, as both nutrients are linked to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
Avocados are also a good source of many different micronutrients, including:
- vitamin C
- vitamin B6
- vitamin K
- vitamin E
The fact that they’re rich in fat will help your body absorb many of the nutrients in this salad, too!
As you can see, this Strawberry, Tomato & Avocado Salad is not only rich in flavour, but it’s jam-packed with nutritious ingredients to support your overall health. A win-win in my books 🙂
More Refreshing Salad Ideas
- Strawberry Quinoa Tabbouleh With Feta
- 15-Minute Watermelon Feta & Arugula Salad
- Crunchy Romaine Salad With Za’atar Dressing
- Plum Salad With Arugula & Blue Cheese
- Easy Cucumber Avocado Salad With Quinoa
- Summer Salad With Corn, Strawberries, Tomato, Cucumber & Basil
Did you give this Strawberry, Tomato & Avocado Salad Recipe a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Strawberry, Tomato & Avocado Salad
- Approx. 25 grape or cherry tomatoes, vine-ripened if possible (about 285 grams)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries (1 container)
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint (loosely packed)
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 1-2 cloves garlic)
- 1 tsp liquid honey
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Wash and dry strawberries, tomatoes, and fresh herbs.
- Remove stems from strawberries, and slice into quarters. Slice tomatoes into halves. Place into a large bowl.
- Shred mint and basil, add to large bowl.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small glass jar or container with a lid, shake well. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients. Slice avocado and add to salad along with hemp seeds. Toss all ingredients well.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge. Best served cold!