Strawberry Rose Chia Jam
You guys were such big fans of my How To Make Chia Jam: 3 Ways post, that I’ve decided to share another fun, flavourful twist on a classic chia jam recipe! This Strawberry Rose Chia Jam uses rose water for a unique and delicious take on chia jam. It may sound fancy, but I promise it’s super fast, simple, and only uses 6 ingredients!
What Is Rose Water?
Rose water is made by distilling rose petals. Although it’s not super common in Western cooking, it’s a popular ingredient in Middle Eastern cuisines. It tastes absolutely delicious in desserts, puddings, baked goods, beverages, and (of course) jams. Rose water also pairs well with different spices (like cardamom), nuts (like pistachios), and fruits (like berries). I once had a rose water custard in a New York City restaurant and it was insanely delicious!!
While I love to keep things simple in my cooking, sometimes it can be really fun to introduce a new and special ingredient to my pantry. Rose water has recently become a welcomed addition and I’ve been experimenting with it lots. If you’re interested in trying this recipe – I used this rose water from Amazon!
How To Use Strawberry Rose Chia Jam
My favourite use for this strawberry rose chia jam is paired with a plain Greek yogurt breakfast bowl. I’ve also been loving it on nut butter toasts. Or, you can get creative and try it with vanilla ice cream, rice pudding, or paired with baked goods!
Making Chia Jam
Chia jam is not only healthy (it’s rich in fibre, omega-3s, and antioxidants), but it’s incredibly easy to make. This recipe is no different! All you need is about 10 minutes of cook time, followed by 10 minutes of rest time. For more in-depth instructions, check out my post on how to make chia jam.
Want More Ways To Use Strawberries?
Check out some of my favourites below:
- Strawberry Peach Crisp
- Strawberry Quinoa Tabbouleh With Feta
- Strawberry Vanilla Overnight Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Strawberry Tomato & Avocado Salad
- Strawberry Orange Frozen Greek Yogurt Bark
If you give this Strawberry Rose Chia Jam Recipe a try, let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below! Be sure to follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more simple, healthy recipe ideas.
Get the Recipe: Strawberry Rose Chia Jam
- 2 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp rose water
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- If using fresh strawberries, wash and remove stems. Slice into halves or quarters (depending on size).
- In a small saucepan, add sliced strawberries and water over medium heat. Using a fork, mash and stir strawberries until they start to break down, about 5 minutes.
- Then, add chia seeds and all other ingredients to the saucepan. Continue to mash and cook for another ~5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let chia seed mixture sit and cool for about 10 minutes. It will start to thicken into a jam-like texture.
- Transfer chia jam into a glass jar for storage in the refrigerator.
Pin it for later: