Strawberry Quinoa Salad With Feta
This Strawberry Quinoa Salad is made with feta cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, and mint. It’s refreshing, nutritious, and incredibly easy to make!
When I think back to when I started to learn how to cook and incorporate more whole foods into my diet, I’m always reminded of the easy quinoa salads I would make. I’ve spoken about this on Instagram before, but I found this meal to be one of the easiest things to make and pack for both work and school.
Quinoa is incredibly nutritious, but it’s also one of the easiest grains to cook (IMO). All I would do was make a large batch of quinoa, chop up fresh raw veggies and tons of herbs, add a little olive oil, salt, and lemon – and I would have a packable lunch for a few days.
The flavours of those quinoa salads were originally inspired by tabbouleh, which is a delicious and popular Middle Eastern dish made of finely chopped parsley, mint, tomatoes, onion, bulgur, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt.
I still make variations of this meal to this day, but I wanted to switch it up and add fresh, juicy strawberries and feta cheese for an extra burst of flavour!
This recipe is perfect for a packed lunch, picnic, barbecue, or summer dinner. I hope you guys enjoy this strawberry quinoa salad as much as I do.
Recipe Ingredients Needed
This easy quinoa salad recipe requires only 11 simple, healthy ingredients:
- english cucumber
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh mint
- fresh parsley
- olive oil
- feta cheese
Recipe Modifications & Variations
If you are vegan or don’t eat dairy, feel free to omit the feta (it still tastes good without it) or you can try adding a dairy-free feta alternative.
Feel free to experiment with other fruits + veggies here, such as bell peppers, raspberries, or blueberries!
If you’d like to add an extra boost of protein, feel free to throw in a sliced hard-boiled egg or some chickpeas.
If you’d like a winter version of this recipe, be sure to check out my Cold Chopped Quinoa Salad made with pomegranates and carrots!
How To Store Quinoa Salad
This quinoa salad can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
There is no need to reheat this dish, as it’s meant to be enjoyed cold!
What To Serve With Strawberry Quinoa Salad
If serving this quinoa salad as a side, I would recommend serving it with a delicious protein dish.
Here are some summer protein recipes that I think would pair perfectly:
- Baked Harissa Salmon
- Garlic Shrimp With Smoked Paprika & Honey
- Honey Lemon Oven-Baked Salmon With Thyme
- Crispy Turmeric Salmon
- Honey Mustard Garlic Shrimp
- Baked Salmon With Pistachio Pesto
- The Best Canned Salmon Burger
Quinoa Salad Nutrition Benefits
This strawberry quinoa salad is not only delicious, but those fresh ingredients listed above pack in tons of nutrition, too!
Parsley is rich in vitamins A, C, K, and B6, as well as minerals like iron, calcium, and magnesium. 1 cup of chopped parsley provides over 100% of both your daily vitamin A and C needs alone!
Tomatoes and lemon juice also add plenty of vitamin C, an important antioxidant and micronutrient involved in skin health, iron absorption, and normal development.
Olive oil adds a generous serving of heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, which also help your body absorb the nutrients in this meal.
While you can use any grain, I personally love quinoa because of its high fibre content and the fact that it’s a complete protein source.
This recipe adds some delicious feta cheese for even more flavour and protein.
Ah. The power of simple, whole food ingredients – amiright?!
More Easy Quinoa Recipes
- Quinoa Stuffed Delicata Squash With Kale
- Easy Chopped Quinoa Salad With Eggs
- Pesto Quinoa Bowl With Broccoli & Sweet Potato
- How To Cook & Season Quinoa: 3 Recipes
- Easy Kimchi Quinoa Bowl
- Easy Cucumber Avocado Salad With Quinoa
Did you give this Strawberry Quinoa Salad Recipe a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Strawberry Quinoa Salad With Feta
- If you don't already have cooked quinoa on hand, start by cooking quinoa. Measure out 2/3 cup dry quinoa and rinse in a sieve. Add quinoa to a large pot with 1 + 1/3 cup water. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat. Let simmer until all water is fully absorbed (about 15 mins).
- While the quinoa cooks, wash, dry, and chop strawberries, cucumber, and tomatoes into small pieces. Add to a large bowl.
- Wash and dry mint and parsley in a salad spinner. Chop both herbs finely and add to bowl.
- Once done, add 2 cups cooked quinoa to the bowl. Add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper to taste. Mix ingredients together well and place in the fridge to chill for about an hour. If using pre-cooked quinoa, you can omit the chill time!
- Serve cold and topped with feta. Enjoy!