Strawberry Peach Crisp (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
This strawberry peach crisp is an easy summer dessert that’s bursting with flavour. Made with almond flour and oats, this recipe is both gluten-free and vegan!
One of my cooking goals is to become better at making desserts. Honestly, I find desserts to be intimidating due to the precise measurements required for baking recipes. So when I tell you that this Strawberry Peach Crisp is so simple and virtually foolproof (even for the least-skilled bakers), I mean it!!
This healthy-ish, summer crisp recipe combines seasonal peaches and strawberries with an almond flour, oat, walnut, and pecan topping. The warm baked fruits become soo deliciously soft and sweet, while the topping adds a nice nutty crunch.
The recipe for this Strawberry Peach Crisp is completely vegan (unless you choose to add a scoop of greek yogurt when serving) as well as gluten-free (so long as you choose certified gluten-free oats). It’s the perfect recipe for a summer dessert, or even a delicious breakfast. I hope you guys enjoy it!
Want more strawberry recipe inspiration? Check out my roundup of healthy recipes with strawberries for more ideas!
How To Make Strawberry Peach Crisp
Making this crisp is incredibly easy, I promise. To start, make sure your peaches are ripe enough to be eaten. Then, wash the peaches and strawberries well. It is NOT necessary to peel the peaches – keep those fibre-rich skins on!!
After washing, you’ll slice the peaches and strawberries and place into a large bowl. Then, add some maple syrup, cinnamon, and corn starch to the sliced fruits, and mix everything together. Once the fruits are evenly coated, place fruits into a baking dish.
Next, it’s time for toppings! I would recommend quickly pulsing the walnuts and pecans in a food processor. Make sure to not chop things too finely – you still want visible pieces of the nuts. If you don’t have a food processor, feel free to roughly chop the nuts by hand. Then, add rolled oats, almond flour, chopped nuts, cinnamon, and sea salt into a large mixing bowl.
Next, melt the coconut oil in a microwave (60 seconds should do it) and combine the melted oil with vanilla extract and cinnamon. Pour the wet topping ingredients over the dry ones, and stir together well, until they start to stick together slightly.
Finally, spread the toppings evenly over the fruit. Pop everything in the oven for about 40 minutes at 350F. The toppings should become slightly golden brown, and some of the fruit mixture might start to bubble up. Oh – your kitchen will also start to smell AMAZING, too.
Once done, remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve with a scoop of plain Greek yogurt or vanilla ice cream (if not vegan/dairy-free), or a dairy-free alternative (a coconut-based yogurt or ice cream).
Can You Reheat This Crisp?
While this Strawberry Peach Crisp is best enjoyed straight from the oven, it definitely can be reheated in the microwave. A quick 60-second zap will heat it up nicely!
If you’re not planning on eating this crisp all at once, simply let cool completely and either cover the baking dish or transfer to a Tupperware container for refrigeration. The crisp will keep for about 4-5 days in the fridge. PS – it tastes good cold too!
Peach Nutrition Facts
One medium-sized peach provides over 2 grams of dietary fibre, 16% of your daily vitamin C needs, and 10% of your daily vitamin A.
This stone fruit is also a decent source of other micronutrients like:
- vitamin E
- vitamin K
Peaches also contain antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin, to help protect from free radical damage.
Strawberry Nutrition Facts
Strawberries are one of the best sources of vitamin C, with 1 cup of them providing 140% of your daily needs!
They’re also a good source of fibre (3 grams per cup), and other micronutrients like:
- vitamin B6
More Healthy Dessert Recipes
- Healthy Homemade Greek Frozen Yogurt
- Rosemary Apricot Crisp
- Blended Chocolate & Ginger Chia Pudding
- Honey-Roasted Strawberries With Vanilla
- Key Lime Pie Chia Pudding
- Honey Tahini Oatmeal Cookies
Did you give this Strawberry Peach Crisp Recipe a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Strawberry Peach Crisp (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
- 5 medium-sized peaches, sliced (make sure peaches are ripe)
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup (can reduce or increase amount depending on desired sweetness)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash fruit and pat dry. Slice peaches into sixths. Quarter or halve strawberries (depending on size). Place in a large bowl.
- Add maple syrup, cinnamon, and corn starch to chopped fruit. Stir until fruit is well coated. Place coated fruit in a medium-sized baking dish (I used one that was 9×6 inches). Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse walnuts and pecans until chopped. Ensure not to over-chop; you want the nuts to be in pieces, not a flour. Add chopped nuts to a large mixing bowl along with oats, almond flour, cinnamon, and sea salt. Stir together.
- Next, melt coconut oil in the microwave. Combine melted coconut oil with vanilla extract and maple syrup. Pour over the dry topping ingredients. Mix all topping ingredients together, until everything is well-combined.
- Spread topping mixture evenly on top of the fruit in the baking dish. Place in the oven for approx. 40 minutes. The crisp topping should be slightly browned, and some fruit may start to bubble.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes. Best enjoyed immediately, with a dollop of plain greek yogurt, ice cream, or a dairy-free alternative!