20+ Spring & Summer Salad Recipe Ideas
This collection of 20+ dietitian-designed spring and summer salad recipe ideas will show you that eating salad doesn’t have to be boring! These recipes use simple, healthy, and seasonal ingredients that are easy to prepare while packing in a ton of flavour. You’ll find everything from refreshing side salads for a crowd or BBQ, main dish salads for lunch or dinner, as well as plenty of pasta salads.
It’s probably no surprise to hear that as a registered dietitian I’m a big fan of salads! With that said, I am a HUGE proponent of making sure that salads are delicious, refreshing, and actually satisfying. There’s no bland bowls of lettuce around here – I promise 🙂
As soon as the weather gets warmer, I often find myself craving super refreshing salads filled with plenty of seasonal produce like strawberries, corn, cucumbers, romaine lettuce, and fresh herbs like basil. Each of these salad recipes truly celebrates the best of spring and summer produce. I’d love to know if you try any!
In this post, you’ll find 20+ spring and summer salad recipe ideas from the blog! Keep scrolling or click on the following sections to go straight to them:
Refreshing Side Salads
In this section you’ll find refreshing summer side salads that are perfect to bring with you to a BBQ, picnic, or to serve alongside your meals at home. If you’re planning to serve a lot of people, feel free to increase the recipes as needed!
1) Summer Salad With Corn, Strawberries & Avocado
2) Cantaloupe Melon Salad With Cucumber & Feta
3) Grilled Kale Salad
4) Halloumi Salad With Couscous
5) Strawberry, Tomato & Avocado Salad
6) Watermelon, Feta & Arugula Salad
7) Balsamic Roasted Beet Salad
8) Plum Salad With Arugula & Blue Cheese
9) Strawberry Quinoa Salad With Feta
10) Spinach Goat Cheese Salad With Potatoes
11) Healthy Canned Salmon Potato Salad
Main Dish Salads (Lunch or Dinner)
In this section you’ll find plenty of main dish spring and summer salads that are perfect for lunch or dinner. These recipes are filling and nutritionally balanced, complete with sources of protein, complex carbs, healthy fats, and (of course) fiber-rich veggies. They’re awesome for a packed work lunch or a refreshing dinner!
12) Broccoli, Cauliflower & Salmon Salad With Curry Tahini
13) Crispy Tofu Salad With Miso Tahini Dressing
14) Shrimp Taco Salad Bowl
15) Crunchy Romaine Salad With Za’atar Dressing
16) Cold Soba Noodle Salad
17) Cucumber Avocado Salad With Quinoa
Summer Pasta Salads
Pasta salads are the ultimate summer dish! These salads would work great for a main dish or to bring with you to a summer party. Feel free to switch up the pasta shapes to any smaller pasta. You can swap them with gluten-free pastas if needed, or even increase the protein content by using a legume-based pasta!
18) Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad With Shrimp
19) Simple Caprese Pasta Salad
20) No-Mayo Tuna Pasta Salad
21) Tuna Pasta Salad With Pesto
22) Canned Mackerel Pasta Salad
And there you have it – 20+ Easy, Healthy Spring & Summer Salad Recipes to cook and enjoy. I so hope you found some inspiration from this list!
More Recipe Round-Ups To Explore
- 9 Easy, Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
- 10 Simple, Healthy Salmon Recipes
- 15+ Easy, Healthy Shrimp Recipes
- 20+ Easy, Healthy Pasta Recipes
- 20+ Easy, Healthy Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
- 15+ Easy, Healthy Egg Recipe Ideas
- 30 Healthy Plant-Based Breakfast Ideas
If you make any of these recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: 20+ Spring & Summer Salad Recipes, Including Strawberry, Tomato & Avocado Salad
- Approx. 25 grape or cherry tomatoes, vine-ripened if possible (about 285 grams)
- 1 lb fresh strawberries (1 container)
- 1 large avocado, ripe
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint (loosely packed)
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder (or 1-2 cloves garlic)
- 1 tsp liquid honey
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Wash and dry strawberries, tomatoes, and fresh herbs.
- Remove stems from strawberries, and slice into quarters. Slice tomatoes into halves. Place into a large bowl.
- Shred mint and basil, add to large bowl.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a small glass jar or container with a lid, shake well. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients. Slice avocado and add to salad along with hemp seeds. Toss all ingredients well.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge. Best served cold!