10+ Simple, Healthy Salmon Recipes
This collection of 10+ easy, healthy salmon recipes will give you a ton of inspiration for ways to cook salmon. Includes ideas for oven-baked, pan-seared, and canned salmon! Each recipe is dietitian-designed and uses simple ingredients that pack in a ton of flavour and nutrition benefits.
Salmon has forever been one of my favourite protein options. It’s delicious, easy to cook, and packs in a ton of nutrition benefits! If you’re looking for ways to cook and add flavour to salmon, you’ve come to the right place 🙂
In this post, I’ve rounded up 10+ simple, healthy salmon recipes from my blog, along with nutrition highlights and some tips what what to do with leftovers. Keep scrolling or click to go straight to your section of choice!
Salmon Nutrition Benefits
Salmon is an excellent source of quality, complete protein:
- a 3-ounce serving provides 17 grams
- a 6-ounce piece will give you 34 grams
Protein helps to protect bone health and prevent muscle loss, among many other functions!
In addition to protein, salmon is rich in heart-healthy unsaturated fatty acids, including omega-3s. Omega-3s are known to support heart health, brain health, and to reduce inflammation overall.
On the micronutrient side, salmon is a great source of B vitamins like:
- vitamin B12
- vitamin B6
B vitamins act as coenzymes in many important metabolic processes throughout your body, such as turning the food we eat into energy!
Salmon is also a good source of minerals like potassium and selenium.
What To Do With Leftover Salmon
Here are some of my favourite ways to re-purpose leftover salmon! Personally, I like eating leftover salmon cold so that it maintains its texture. It works great cold in the following ways:
- Flake it and add it to a salad as a filling protein source.
- Flake it and toss it in a simple veggie-filled pasta (again as a protein source).
- Combine both of the above ideas and add it to a pasta salad 😉
- Flake it or keep it whole and add it to a sandwich, pita or collard wrap, or on top of a bagel.
- Mash it with an avocado, lemon, and fresh herbs and serve over toast (or in a sandwich).
What Side Dishes To Pair With Salmon
Curious what sides go well with salmon? You’re in luck! I’ve rounded up 25+ salmon side dish recipes for you to explore and serve alongside salmon.
Baked Salmon Recipes
In this section, you’ll find easy ways to add flavour to oven-baked salmon. Baking salmon in the oven is super quick and results in a soft, buttery salmon texture.
1) Baked Harissa Salmon Over Lemon Quinoa
2) Baked Salmon With Pistachio Pesto
3) Broccoli, Cauliflower & Salmon Salad With Curry Tahini
4) Honey Lemon Baked Salmon With Thyme
5) Balsamic Baked Salmon With Strawberry Basil Salsa
6) Healthy Taco Salmon Rice Bowl
Pan-Seared & Grilled Salmon Recipes
In this section you’ll find recipe ideas for how to make perfectly crispy salmon on the stovetop or grill, plus ways to add flavour to it!
7) Crispy Turmeric Salmon With Yogurt Sauce
8) Crispy Salmon With Coconut, Honey & Lime
9) Grilled Salmon With Wasabi-Dill Yogurt Sauce
Canned Salmon Recipes
Canned salmon is a super convenient way to reap the health benefits of salmon, often at a lower price point. I love keeping a few cans of salmon in my pantry for an easy protein source. Below are some creative ways to use it!
10) Canned Salmon Burger
11) Healthy Canned Salmon Potato Salad
12) Canned Salmon Eggs Benedict
13) Canned Salmon Crostini
More Recipe Round-Ups To Explore
- 8 Easy, Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
- 20+ Easy, Healthy Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
- 15+ Easy, Healthy Egg Recipe Ideas
- 30 Healthy Plant-Based Breakfast Ideas
- 20 Easy, Healthy Pasta Recipes
- 15+ Easy, Healthy Shrimp Recipes
I hope you found some inspiration from this list of Simple, Healthy Salmon Recipes! If you make any of these recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: 10+ Simple, Healthy Salmon Recipes, Including Baked Harissa Salmon
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large pot on the stove, cook quinoa with water according to package directions. Quinoa is done once all liquid is absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- Meanwhile, whisk harissa paste, minced garlic, and olive oil together in a small bowl.
- Place salmon fillets into a baking dish and coat with harissa mixture. Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- While salmon bakes, heat a large pan over medium and add 1 Tbsp of olive oil. Sauté kale until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Add sautéed kale to the pot with cooked quinoa, along with lemon juice, zest, and golden raisins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve quinoa mixture and top with baked salmon. Enjoy!
- instead of quinoa you can use another grain like brown rice, farro, or couscous.
- instead of kale you could use another leafy green, like spinach or chard.
- you could also serve the harissa salmon over a simple pasta, or with a side of potatoes and roasted veggies