Roasted Potatoes With Za’atar & Lemon
These roasted potatoes with za’atar and lemon are an easy, 5-ingredient side dish that pairs well with everything! Recipe is vegan and gluten-free.
Roasted potatoes are one of the ultimate comfort foods, amiright?! They’re affordable, long-lasting, easy to find, and pair so well with many different foods. White potatoes are also surprisingly nutritious, despite the undeserving bad rap they get (more on that later).
While this easy recipe is only 5-ingredients, it happens to be packed with flavour! Za’atar spices and roasted lemon are fun ways to jazz up a simple roasted potato side dish.
While this recipe calls for za’atar spice, don’t sweat if you can’t find any or don’t have any on hand! Feel free to omit entirely and just use a little salt. Or, swap with another spice/herb, like rosemary, garlic powder, or paprika. Alternatively, you could also try making your own!
Za’atar is something fun and different, but it’s hard to go wrong with flavouring roasted potatoes :).
Want more side dish inspiration? Check out my roundup of 20+ easy, healthy vegetable side dish recipes for more ideas!
What Is Za’atar?
Za’atar is a popular Middle Eastern spice mixture. The mixture contains the za’atar herb along with toasted sesame seeds, dried, sumac, and salt. Different varieties may contain other spices, like thyme, oregano, marjoram, or cumin.
Za’atar can be used in many different ways. It’s commonly used as a seasoning for both meats and vegetables. Other popular uses include sprinkling it over hummus, labneh, yogurt, or olive oil for a delicious dip.
How To Roast Potatoes
Like other roasted vegetables, this method of preparing potatoes is so easy and incredibly delicious! Potatoes get so nice and crispy on the outside, but remain soft on the inside.
Start by preheating your oven to 375F. Wash and dry your potatoes well, leaving the skins on (this maximizes their nutrition benefits and provides the best texture).
Then, cut the potatoes in halves or quarters, depending on their size. Place the sliced potatoes on a large baking sheet and toss them with a little olive oil, za’atar spices, and salt. I find using your hands works best for this!
Spread the potatoes out evenly on your baking sheet and place in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until potatoes are browned and fork-tender. Toss the potatoes halfway through the cooking process and remove from oven when done.
How To Store & Reheat
Leftover roasted potatoes will keep for 3-4 days in an airtight container in the fridge. To maintain their crispy texture, the best way to reheat them is either on the stovetop (just stir-fry them in a pan until hot) or in the oven!
What To Eat With Roasted Potatoes
These roasted potatoes are a source of fibre-rich complex carbohydrates. To balance out your meal, serve them alongside a delicious protein and some non-starchy vegetables or a salad! Some ideas to pair these za’atar-spiced potatoes with:
- Crispy Salmon With Coconut Honey & Lime
- Easy Curry Tofu Scramble
- Crispy Turmeric Salmon With Yogurt Sauce
- 25-Minute Baked Salmon With Pistachio Pesto
- Roasted Asparagus With Vegan Pecan Parm
- Easy Roasted Zucchini With Parmesan & Basil
Potato Nutrition Facts
Potatoes are a great source of dietary fibre as well as different micronutrients, including:
- vitamin C
- B-vitamins (folate, niacin, thiamin, and riboflavin)
More Easy Potato Recipes
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes With Chili & Paprika
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes With Hemp Seed Pesto
- Healthy Canned Salmon Potato Salad
- Easy Hasselback Potatoes With Parmesan
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes With Parsley Yogurt Sauce
- Spinach Salad With Goat Cheese & Roasted Potatoes
Did you give this Roasted Potatoes With Za’atar & Lemon a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Roasted Potatoes With Za’atar & Lemon
- 1.5 lbs baby potatoes
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tsp za'atar spice
- salt, to taste
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Wash and dry your potatoes well, leaving the skins on.
- Cut potatoes in halves or quarters, depending on their size. Place the sliced potatoes on a large baking sheet. Using your hands, toss them with a olive oil, za'atar, and salt.
- Spread the potatoes out evenly on the baking sheet and place lemon slices over them. Transfer to the oven and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until potatoes are browned and fork-tender. Toss the potatoes halfway through the cooking process and remove from oven when done.
- Let potatoes cool for a couple minutes. Serve immediately!
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know by leaving a recipe rating below, or by tagging @walderwellness on Instagram. I love seeing your beautiful creations!