Roasted Butternut Squash & Pear Soup (Vegan)
This 9-ingredient vegan roasted butternut squash and pear soup recipe is so easy, healthy, and comforting. It’s dairy-free, but SO creamy and packs in a ton of fibre, too!
There’s just something about cozying up to creamy soups that’s just so beyond comforting. If you’re looking for a yummy bowl to warm up to that packs in a nutritious punch and TONS of flavour, you’ve come to the right place!
This roasted butternut squash and pear soup mixes seasonal produce with warming spices like ginger and cinnamon. The roasted pear adds such a lovely, sweet aftertaste to a traditional squash soup.
Plus, the recipe is just 9 simple ingredients, and it’s super easy to make! It’s naturally gluten and dairy-free, making it suitable for many different dietary needs and preferences.
Butternut Squash Soup Ingredients
You need less than 10 ingredients to make this easy soup recipe!
- Butternut squash
- Pears (any type will work – I’ve tried both Bartlett + Bosc)
- Vegetable broth
- Ground ginger (or fresh)
- Ground cinnamon
- Olive oil
- Salt + pepper
How To Make Butternut Squash & Pear Soup
It’s SO easy to make this creamy butternut squash and pear soup at home – I promise.
Start by preheating your oven to 400F.
Next, peel butternut squash with a vegetable peeler. Remove the seeds, and cut the squash into roughly 1-inch cubes.
Place cubed squash on a baking sheet and toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer to the oven for 30 minutes, tossing halfway.
Meanwhile, slice the pears and peel garlic cloves. Place them on a separate baking sheet, and transfer to the oven for 20 minutes.
Heat the vegetable broth up on the stovetop while the squash and pears are in the oven.
Remove everything from the oven. Add the vegetable broth, roasted squash, pears, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a high-speed blender (I use this Vitamix). Blend for a couple minutes, until smooth.
Adjust seasonings as desired and serve! I love to add a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds, microgreens, and a slice of toasted sourdough.
This would also taste fabulous with this gourmet grilled cheese sandwich 😉
My Favourite Blender For Soups
If you’re in need of a high-powered blender, I use this Vitamix to get the job done. It produces the creamiest soups in seconds! I use it almost daily for the last 7 years and it still works perfectly.
How To Store & Reheat Soup
Leftovers of this butternut squash soup can be kept in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for 3-5 days. To keep for longer, soup can be frozen for up to 6 months.
To reheat, simply warm it up on the stovetop or in the microwave! Be sure to stir soup to evenly distribute the heat.
Butternut Squash Health Benefits
Butternut squash is particularly high in micronutrients like:
- vitamin A and vitamin C, with just one cup of cooked squash providing 457% and 52% of your daily needs, respectively!
- vitamin E, magnesium, potassium, manganese, and multiple B vitamins.
It’s rich orange colour is thanks to the squash’s carotenoid content. Carotenoids (like beta-carotene) are plant pigments that have antioxidant properties, providing a host of health benefits.
Butternut squash is also an excellent source of dietary fibre, with one cup of cooked squash providing 7 grams.
Health Benefits of Pears
Pears are an excellent source of dietary fibre. One medium-sized pear provides 6 grams of fibre, or 22% of your daily needs.
In addition to fibre, pears are also a source of essential micronutrients, such as:
- vitamin C
- vitamin K
More Healthy Squash Recipes
- Spaghetti Squash With Kale Pesto & Shrimp
- Roasted Butternut Squash & Red Pepper Soup
- Quinoa Stuffed Delicata Squash With Kale
- Cheesy Butternut Squash Rice Bowl With Shrimp
- Vegetarian Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Roasted Butternut Squash With Kale & Spicy Coconut Cream
- Easy, Healthy Zucchini Squash Casserole
Did you give this Roasted Butternut Squash & Pear Soup Recipe a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Roasted Butternut Squash & Pear Soup (Vegan)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Meanwhile, slice and core the pears. Peel garlic cloves. Place them on a separate baking sheet, and transfer to the oven for 20 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable broth up on the stovetop while the squash and pears are in the oven.
- Remove squash, pears, and garlic from the oven. Add the vegetable broth, roasted squash, pears, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, olive oil, salt, and pepper to a high-speed blender. Blend for a couple minutes, until smooth. Adjust seasonings as desired and serve!