Pear & Brie Cheese Salad Skewers
These pear and brie cheese salad skewers are made with arugula, walnuts, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. They’re such a quick + easy, sweet + savoury party appetizer idea that your guests will love!
If you’re as big of a fan of a fruit and cheese flavour combination as I am, you will absolutely love these pear and brie cheese appetizer skewers! They’re beyond easy to make and sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
Feel free to experiment with different types of cheeses if you’d prefer here – I’ve included a handful of cheese ideas that pair well with sweet, juicy pears 😉
Want more appetizer ideas? Check out my roundup of 15+ easy appetizer recipes for more inspiration!
What Type Of Pear To Use?
I recommend using either Bosc, Bartlett, or another type of European pear for this recipe. You’ll want them to be ripe enough to eat, but not overly ripe or soft (or else they may fall apart on the skewer!)
Can You Use A Different Cheese?
While I have not personally tried this recipe with another cheese, the flavour profile of pear goes well with the following cheeses:
- blue cheese
- monterey jack
I’m sure you could substitute brie for these cheeses as desired!
Can You Make These Fruit Skewers In Advance?
Because pears will brown after cutting them, I would recommend making this recipe within 2 hours of serving. Be sure to store the skewers covered in the fridge to help slow the browning process.
Top with walnuts and balsamic glaze just before serving!
Pear Nutrition Benefits
Pears are an excellent source of dietary fibre. One medium-sized pear provides 6 grams of fibre, or about 22% of your daily needs.
In addition to fibre, pears are also a source of essential micronutrients, such as:
- vitamin C
- vitamin K
More Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Roasted Goat Cheese Stuffed Mini Peppers
- Whipped Feta With Balsamic Roasted Strawberries
- Savoury Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates
- Mediterranean Flatbread
- Herbed Cottage Cheese Dip
Did you give this Pear & Brie Salad Skewers Recipe a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Pear & Brie Cheese Salad Skewers
- Slice pears into quarters and remove seeds and stem. Cut quarters into roughly 1/2-inch cubes.
- Cut brie cheese into similar-sized, 1/2-inch cubes. TIP: I found that leaving the rind on made the skewers a little less sticky to handle!
- Take a small (4-inch) skewer, and thread a piece of pear, a bundle of arugula, and then a piece of cheese onto it. Place skewer on a serving platter and repeat until all cheese and pears are used up.TIP: fold the arugula in half to make it a smaller bundle and thread the skewer onto the rind part of the cheese!
- Gently press a few pieces of chopped walnuts onto the brie cheese so that they stick. Drizzle balsamic glaze overtop of skewers and enjoy!
- for the arugula, simply fold together about 5-6 leaves per bundle
- purchase a standard wedge of brie cheese and cut it into roughly 1/2-inch cubes
- use as many cheese cubes as needed to pair with the pear cubes
- some of the pear bits may be a little small for the skewers (like the pointy ends) – you don’t need to use them! I just ate them up while I made these lol 😉
- this recipe will serve around 4-8 people, depending on how many skewers everyone eats. Feel free to adjust accordingly.
- blue cheese
- monterey jack