Honey-Roasted Strawberries With Vanilla & Lemon
These honey-roasted strawberries are paired with vanilla extract and lemon juice for the easiest, most delicious treat. They’re the perfect healthy addition to your breakfast or dessert!
If you’re looking for a creative way to enjoy strawberries, have you thought about roasting them? Yes! You heard that right.
Roasted strawberries are SO good – they’re sweet, soft, juicy, an oh-so-flavourful. Plus, they easily pair with a number of different breakfast and dessert options, like yogurt, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles, or even ice cream.
While you can flavour roasted strawberries however you’d like, these ones are made with honey, vanilla, and lemon juice to really enhance their taste. I think you’re going to love this easy recipe!
Want more strawberry recipe inspiration? Check out my roundup of healthy recipes with strawberries for more ideas!
How To Roast Strawberries
Roasting strawberries is SO easy – just a couple steps to prep + 30 minutes in the oven!
To start, preheat your oven to 350F.
Next, wash and remove the green stems from your strawberries. Pat the strawberries dry, and cut them in half (or in quarters if larger).
Place the baking sheet in the oven and let the strawberries roast for about 25-30 minutes. They will start to release a bit of their liquids and appear a little less plump (although still super juicy).
Remove the honey-roasted strawberries from the oven, and allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving!
*Note: if you’re vegan and/or don’t eat honey, feel free to swap with maple syrup or another sweetener instead.
What To Serve With Roasted Strawberries
These honey-roasted strawberries can be enjoyed in SO many ways. Some ideas:
- Stir them into a Greek yogurt bowl and top with granola
- Drizzle them over an oatmeal bowl or over waffles/pancakes
- Use them to top chia pudding or overnight oats
- Spread them over a piece of peanut butter toast, in place of jam
- Serve them with vanilla or chocolate ice cream, whipped cream, or cake for dessert
How To Store Roasted Strawberries
Roasted strawberries can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. You can also freeze roasted strawberries, since they’re already a bit softer and more liquid than their raw counterparts.
Strawberry Nutrition Facts
Strawberries are one of my favourite, nutrient-dense fruits!
Did you know that 1 cup of strawberries provides 140% of your daily vitamin C needs? It’s one of the best sources of vitamin C out there, playing a key role in keeping our skin healthy and preventing cell damage (it’s an antioxidant).
Like other berries, strawberries are also a great source of good-for-the-gut dietary fibre; 1 cup provides 3 grams.
Strawberries also contain a small amount of potassium, vitamin B6, folate, phosphorus, and magnesium.
More Healthy Strawberry Recipes
- Balsamic Baked Salmon With Strawberry Salsa
- Whipped Feta With Balsamic-Roasted Strawberries
- Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
- Strawberry Peach Almond Flour Crisp
- Strawberry Quinoa Salad
- Strawberry Tomato Avocado Salad
- Strawberry Orange Frozen Greek Yogurt Bark
Did you give this Honey-Roasted Strawberries With Vanilla + Lemon Recipe a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Honey-Roasted Strawberries With Vanilla & Lemon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Wash and remove the green stems from strawberries. Pat the strawberries dry, and cut them in half (or in quarters if larger).
- In a large bowl, toss the strawberries in honey, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Once the strawberries are coated, spread them in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and let the strawberries roast for about 25-30 minutes. They will start to release a bit of their liquids and appear a little less plump (although still super juicy).
- Remove the honey-roasted strawberries from the oven, and allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving!