Honey-Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Blue Cheese & Hazelnuts
These Honey-Roasted Brussels Sprouts are cooked in the oven, then tossed with crumbled blue cheese and toasted hazelnuts for ALL the flavour. A unique, delicious, and easy vegetable side dish recipe!
These Honey-Roasted Brussels Sprouts elevate your standard side dish by tossing them in garlic and honey, and pairing them with crumbled blue cheese and toasty hazelnuts. This vegetarian side dish is simple and easy to make, but PACKED with flavour.
When people tell me they don’t like Brussels sprouts (looking at you, dad), I always ask if they’ve tried them roasted. Roasting is a GAME CHANGER – you will never have to eat the tasteless, boiled-to-death version ever again.
Wow your guests with these Honey-Roasted Brussels Sprouts at your next holiday get together, or pair them with your favourite protein for an easy weeknight dinner. I hope you guys love this one as much as I do!
Want more side dish inspiration? Check out my roundup of 20+ easy, healthy vegetable side dish recipes for more ideas!
How To Prepare Brussels Sprouts
Start by preheating the oven to 425F. Give the Brussels sprouts a good wash in a colander, removing any loose or dried leaves.
Pat them dry, and chop off the hard ends. Then, slice the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
Add the sliced Brussels sprouts to a large mixing bowl, along with any leaves that have come loose (they get super crispy when roasted – so good).
Toss the Brussel sprouts with olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and honey until well-coated.
Next, spread the coated sprouts onto a large baking sheet in a single layer, leaving some space between them. Place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until browned and slightly tender.
Remove from oven, and transfer to a serving bowl. Top with crumbled blue cheese and toasted hazelnuts, and this veggie side dish is ready to be devoured!
Brussels Sprouts Nutrition Facts
These little cruciferous veggies pack a nutritious punch. One cup of Brussels sprouts provides:
- almost 4 grams of dietary fibre (15%DV), which is known to promote digestive function, heart health, glycemic control, and weight management
- over 100% of your daily needs of vitamin K and vitamin C
- a good source of other micronutrients, like vitamin A, B6, folate, iron, and manganese
- antioxidants, like vitamin C and kaempferol
More Easy Veggie Side Dish Recipes
- Balsamic Roasted Beets With Goat Cheese & Walnuts
- Roasted Asparagus With Vegan Pecan Parmesan
- Easy Roasted Zucchini With Parmesan & Basil
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes With Hemp Seed Pesto
- Juicy Oven-Roasted Radishes
Did you give this Honey-Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Blue Cheese & Hazelnuts a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Honey-Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Blue Cheese & Hazelnuts
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp liquid honey (I used manuka)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wash Brussels sprouts and remove any loose/dry outer leaves. Pat dry and cut off bottom ends. Slice each sprout in half, lengthwise and add to a large bowl.
- Toss sliced Brussels sprouts in olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and honey until well-combined.
- Spread coated Brussels sprouts on a large baking sheet in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until browned and tender.
- While Brussels sprouts roast, toast hazelnuts in a skillet or pan for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning. Remove from heat and transfer to cutting board. Roughly chop hazelnuts and set aside.
- Once done, remove Brussels sprouts from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl, and sprinkle blue cheese crumbles and chopped hazelnuts overtop. Add additional salt and pepper, as desired. Enjoy immediately!