Easy Honey Mustard Garlic Shrimp
This honey dijon mustard garlic shrimp recipe is so easy and delicious. It’s a quick, healthy protein dish that pairs well with everything! Dairy-free + gluten-free.
It’s no secret that easy shrimp recipes are one of my favourite proteins to make for dinner! They’re not only so easy to make, but they’re packed with nutrition and can be flavoured in so many different ways.
Today we’ll be making a super simple honey mustard garlic shrimp! The shrimp are sautéed on the stovetop and tossed in a homemade honey mustard sauce.
This recipe is only 10 ingredients and pairs perfectly with a side of veggies and complex carbs. I’ve included some ideas for what to serve this honey dijon shrimp with below.
I hope you love this one as much as I do! Let’s get cooking.
Want more shrimp recipe inspiration? Check out my roundup of 15+ easy, healthy shrimp recipes for more ideas!
Ingredients Needed For This Recipe
All you need to make this easy shrimp recipe are the following 10 simple ingredients:
- shrimp (fresh or frozen)
- olive oil
- dijon mustard
- white wine vinegar
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
Full measurements + detailed recipe instructions are located in the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
How To Make Honey Mustard Sauce
Making honey mustard sauce at home is super easy! All you need to do is whisk together some dijon mustard, honey, white wine vinegar, cayenne pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
Set the sauce aside until the shrimp is cooked.
How To Sauté Shrimp
To start, you’ll want to make sure your shrimp are thawed, deveined, and tails removed. I simply thaw shrimp by running cold water over them in a colander.
Pat the shrimp dry and then place in a bowl. Toss them in a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Then, heat up a pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot (a splash of water should sizzle on it), place the shrimp on the pan. They should be in a single layer with a bit of space between each piece.
Cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, then remove and set aside in a bowl. They’ll be opaque, pink, and slightly browned when done.
Next, add the minced garlic to the pan and cook for 1 min. Add the cooked shrimp back into the pan and toss with the honey mustard sauce. Remove from heat and serve!
How To Store & Reheat Shrimp
Leftovers of this recipe can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
To reheat – simply pop the leftovers in the microwave or warm them up in a pan on the stovetop.
What To Serve With Honey Mustard Shrimp
As a dietitian, I always recommend balancing your meal with a source of protein, complex carbs, healthy fats, and fibre-rich veggies.
Since shrimp is a protein (and cooked in olive oil, a healthy fat), I would pair this shrimp with a source of complex carbs like:
For a side of veggies, why not try one of the easy recipes below:
Shrimp Nutrition Benefits
Shrimp is not only delicious and easy to cook with, it’s also packed with nutrition benefits, such as:
- an excellent source of high-quality, complete protein – a standard 3-ounce or 85-gram serving provides 18 grams
- a good source of micronutrients like selenium, B12, phosphorus, niacin, zinc, magnesium, and iron
- a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which support the health of your heart and brain
More Easy Shrimp Recipes
- Garlic Shrimp With Smoked Paprika & Honey
- Creamy Coconut Shrimp With Chili Powder & Lime
- Shrimp & Broccoli With Lemon, Honey & Feta
- Cheesy Butternut Squash Rice Bowl With Shrimp
- Sautéed Shrimp With Tomato Sauce, Feta & Rice
- Shrimp Taco Salad Bowl
- Basil Walnut Pesto Linguine With Shrimp
Did you give this Easy Honey Mustard Shrimp Recipe a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Easy Honey Mustard Garlic Shrimp
- Approx. 36 large shrimp, thawed, peeled + deveined (or prawns)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and place them in a small bowl. Toss them in 1 Tbsp olive oil and a bit of salt + pepper. Set aside.
- Make honey mustard sauce by whisking together all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside. Note that the cayenne pepper adds some spice to this recipe – feel free to increase or decrease amount as desired!
- On the stove, heat a pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot (a splash of water should sizzle on it), place the shrimp on the pan. They should be in a single layer with a bit of space between each piece.
- Cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, then remove and set aside in a bowl. They’ll be opaque, pink, and slightly browned when done.
- Next, add the minced garlic to the pan and cook for 1 min. Add the cooked shrimp back into the pan and toss with the honey mustard sauce. Remove from heat and serve! Garnish with black pepper and a sprinkle of parsley (optional).