Holiday Gift Guide For Foodies
A holiday gift guide for the food lovers in your life. This is a curated list of my favourite kitchen appliances, cookbooks, stocking stuffers, and more!
It’s officially that time of the year again! I understand that the holidays can be stressful and that figuring out what to buy your loved ones can seem like a struggle year after year. That’s why I’m here to help with my Holiday Gift Guide For Foodies! Every item in this guide is something I personally use and love. If you have a foodie or home cook in your life, I’ve got some great gift ideas that I know they will enjoy! Keep scrolling to see my top picks.
For The Kitchen
1) Kitchenware Sets from Material Kitchen. Material Kitchen creates quality kitchenware for the modern home cook, all at a more affordable price point. Their kitchenware sets are absolutely gorgeous and work so so well. I was gifted both their Iconics Set and Coated Pan this year and use them daily. This is the perfect gift for any home cook or for someone starting out in a new home!
2) Plant-Based Milk Maker from Almond Cow. Perfect for any plant-based people in your life, the Almond Cow machine makes homemade plant milks from any nut, seed, or grain in just minutes. The machine does the straining for you, so you save time, energy, and produce zero waste. You can use the discount code “WALDER” for $15 off your order + free shipping in the US (but they do ship worldwide).
3) High-Speed Blender from Vitamix. Most home cooks agree that a Vitamix is one of their most loved kitchen tools! This professional-grade blender is well worth the investment. It can be used to make everything from soups, smoothies, nut butters, purees, frozen treats, batters, and more. I’ve had mine for years and I am still amazed at how powerful it is!
Any foodie or home cook will love adding some beautiful new cookbooks to their collection! I’ve included some of my all-time favourites below.
1) Gjelina: Cooking from Venice, California. This is the cookbook from one of LA’s top restaurants, Gjelina. The flavours in this cookbook are just SO unique and delicious. It’s a beautiful book and I am obsessed!
2) The Love & Lemons Cookbook. Simple, plant-forward cooking at it’s best. Organized by ingredient (i.e. different fruits + vegetables), this book shows you how to make beautiful dishes out of seasonal produce.
3) The Oh She Glows Cookbook. From the blog that taught me how to cook, this classic cookbook is filled with over 100 vegan recipes that both plant-based and meat-eaters alike will love. Angela is so good at taking comfort foods and making them more plant-forward.
4) Eat More Plants. I had to give my friend and dietitian colleague, Desiree Nielsen, a shoutout on this list! Her new cookbook shares over 100 anti-inflammatory, plant-based recipes to help you eat more plants. Desiree is a wealth of knowledge, and the beginning of the book is packed with helpful nutrition science, too!
5) The Flavor Bible. Hands down my most used cookbook, The Flavor Bible is your guide to flavor pairings. Search through thousands of ingredients to find the foods, herbs, and spices that pair with the food you’re looking for. I use this book every time I come up with a new recipe!
1) Four Sigmatic Mushroom Elixirs. These powerful mushroom packets are some of my favourite things to drink. They are delicious, comforting, and are packed with health benefits. Each elixir has different functions – some help you focus, some help you sleep, and others give you energy. My personal favourites are the Hot Cacao with Reishi or Cordyceps! You can use the discount code WALDER for 10% off at checkout.
2) Ippodo Matcha + Whisk. I’ve been drinking Ippodo’s matcha every morning for years. It’s hands down some of the highest quality matcha I’ve tried! The matcha lovers in your life will love some of their beautiful tea sets.
3) Swell Stainless Steel Water Bottle. These water bottles are classics for a reason – they keep your water cold and crisp all day long! They’re not only beautiful, but they help you cut down on plastic waste while also helping you meet your daily fluid needs. I use mine every time I leave the house!
4) Abeego Beeswax Food Storage Wrap. Another amazing way to cut down on plastic waste, these reusable beeswax wraps are an amazing swap for saran wrap. You can even buy them in beautiful sets for gifting. I’ve been using these for a couple years and they hold up so well.
5) Stasher Reusable Food Bag. If you’re sensing a theme here, it’s because I think many of us are looking for ways that we can reduce our plastic waste. Luckily, there are stylish products to help us do so! These reusable Stasher bags are an awesome swap for plastic baggies. I use them to store snacks, sandwiches, leftovers, and more.
6) Grocery Gift Cards. A simple gift that no home cook would hate? A gift card to their favourite grocery store! It’s basically as good as receiving cash (lol). Stores like Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s always sell them at check out!
I hope you found this holiday gift guide helpful. Which products will you be gifting to your loved ones this year? Let me know in the comments below!
Happy holidays everyone! xx Carrie
Do note that some of these products are affiliate links, meaning that at no additional cost to you, I will make a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make Walder Wellness possible!