The Best Canned Salmon Burger
Using canned salmon for convenience and cooked quinoa in place of bread crumbs, this super healthy salmon burger recipe comes together in just 20-minutes. Patties can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for 3-4 days. Recipe is both dairy- and gluten-free.
In honour of Heart Month this February, I’ve partnered with Gold Seal Canada to create this dietitian-approved salmon burger recipe. Salmon is an excellent source of heart-healthy fats, including monounsaturated fatty acids and omega-3s (EPA and DHA). Made with fibre-rich quinoa, this salmon burger recipe will keep both your tummy and heart happy.
The recipe for these canned salmon patties is both dairy-free and gluten-free. If you need to stick to a gluten-free diet, just be sure to pair these patties with a gluten free bun or wrap!
More Recipes For Canned Salmon
In addition to its health benefits, canned salmon is an incredibly adaptable, affordable, and versatile pantry staple. For more healthy canned salmon recipe ideas, check out some of my favourites below:
- Healthy Canned Salmon Potato Salad
- Eggs Benedict With Canned Salmon & Herby Hollandaise
- Canned Salmon Crostini: 3 Ways
Salmon Burger Topping Ideas
These canned salmon burgers can be topped with your usual burger toppings! For example, sliced tomatoes, pickles, dijon mustard, avocado slices, mayonnaise (I like this avocado oil mayo), or a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
What To Serve With Salmon Burger
I love serving this salmon burger with a refreshing side salad or some simple vegetable dishes. Below are some awesome options that I think would pair perfectly:
- Crunchy Romaine Salad With Za’atar Dressing
- 15-Minute Watermelon Feta & Arugula Salad
- Strawberry Tomato & Avocado Salad
- Juicy Oven-Roasted Radishes
- Garlic Sautéed Green Beans With Dijon Vinaigrette
- Easy Roasted Zucchini With Parmesan & Basil
Get the Recipe: The BEST Canned Salmon Burger
- 1 can GoldSeal Sockeye Salmon
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Avocado oil spray (to cook)
- 4 whole grain burger buns (replace with GF option if needed)
- 1 avocado
- 4 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 lemon
- Wash, dry, and chop fresh dill and parsley. Add to large mixing bowl.
- Drain 1 can of Gold Seal Sockeye Salmon. Add to mixing bowl and flake with fork.
- Add cooked quinoa, whisked eggs, garlic powder, and salt to mixing bowl. Mix ingredients until well-combined.
- Scoop 2 large spoonfuls of quinoa-salmon mixture into clean hands. Form patties with hands and set aside. The mixture should form 4 patties.
- Heat a large pan to medium-high. Spray with avocado oil spray and cook patties for ~4-5 minutes each side until slightly browned.
- Serve patties on a whole grain bun with 1 tbsp mustard, 1/4 avocado, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy with a side salad for a nutritious and heart-healthy meal!