Canned Salmon Quinoa Burgers
Using canned salmon for convenience and cooked quinoa in place of bread crumbs, this super healthy salmon burger recipe comes together in just 30-minutes. Patties can be made ahead and kept in the fridge for 3 days. Recipe is both dairy-free and gluten-free.
Looking for a super quick and easy salmon burger recipe?! You’ve come to the right place! These salmon quinoa burger patties are made with only 8 simple ingredients and take about 30 minutes to put together.
The recipe for these canned salmon patties is both dairy-free and gluten-free. If you need to stick to a gluten-free diet, just be sure to pair these patties with a gluten free bun or wrap!
As a dietitian, I’ve made sure that these burgers pack in tons of nutrition – from quality protein sources, fiber-rich whole grains, and plenty of fresh herbs. I’ve also included a bunch of ideas for what to serve these salmon quinoa patties with, including some simple side dishes that would pair perfectly.
Want more salmon recipe inspiration? Check out my roundup of simple, healthy salmon recipes for more ideas!
These salmon quinoa burger patties are made with only 8 simple, healthy ingredients!
- canned salmon
- quinoa (cooked)
- fresh dill
- fresh parsley
- garlic powder (or fresh garlic)
You’ll also need some cooking oil to cook them, and then any ingredients that you’d like to serve them with! I’ve included a bunch of ideas below.
Salmon Burger Topping & Serving Ideas
These canned salmon burgers can be topped with your usual burger toppings! For example:
- sliced tomatoes
- leafy greens
- dijon mustard
- avocado slices
- fresh lemon juice
You can serve these burgers with any burger bun – I personally like a whole grain bun. If you need to keep this recipe gluten-free, simply choose a gluten-free bun.
Alternatively, these patties can be served in a collard wrap, pita wrap, or even added to a salad as a protein source!
What To Pair With Salmon Burgers
Looking for some side dishes to pair with these salmon quinoa burgers? They taste great with a refreshing salad or some simple vegetable side dishes. Below are some awesome options that I think would pair perfectly:
- Grilled Kale Salad
- Crunchy Romaine Salad With Za’atar Dressing
- 15-Minute Watermelon Feta & Arugula Salad
- Strawberry Tomato & Avocado Salad
- Juicy Oven-Roasted Radishes
- Garlic Sautéed Green Beans With Dijon Vinaigrette
- Roasted Broccolini & Kale With Honey
- Grilled Zucchini With Goat Cheese, Basil & Honey
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes With Chili & Paprika
Make Ahead Option & Storage Notes
These burger patties can be made ahead (prior to cooking) and kept for 3 days. After cooking, leftovers will keep for about 3 days also!
Simply store uncooked or leftover patties in an airtight container in the fridge. You can reheat them on the stovetop or enjoy them cold.
Canned Salmon Nutrition Benefits
Canned salmon is a great source of:
- complete, quality protein
- heart-healthy omega-3s
- vitamin D
To maximize the nutrition benefits, be sure to eat the bones – that’s where the vitamin D and calcium are stored. They’re super soft and mash up easily with a fork (you won’t even notice them – promise!)
Quinoa Nutrition Benefits
Quinoa is an excellent source of:
- complete protein – one cup of cooked quinoa provides 8 grams of protein
- micronutrients, particularly manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, folate, copper, iron, zinc, and some B vitamins
Quinoa is also naturally gluten-free, making it a great carbohydrate option for those on a gluten-free diet.
More Healthy Canned Seafood Recipes
- Healthy Canned Salmon Potato Salad
- 30-Minute Mediterranean Canned Mackerel Pasta
- Eggs Benedict With Canned Salmon & Herby Hollandaise
- No-Mayo Tuna Salad With Greek Yogurt & Avocado
- Canned Salmon Crostini: 3 Ways
- 20-Min Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad
Did you give these Canned Salmon Quinoa Burgers a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: The BEST Canned Salmon Quinoa Burgers
Salmon quinoa patties:
- Burger buns or another type of wrap (as desired)
- Optional: mashed avocado, dijon mustard, mayo, leafy greens, tomato slices, fresh lemon juice, pickles, etc. (as desired)
- Wash, dry, and chop fresh dill and parsley. Add to large mixing bowl.
- Add drained canned salmon to mixing bowl and flake with fork.
- Add cooked quinoa, whisked eggs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to mixing bowl. Mix ingredients until well-combined.
- Scoop 2 large spoonfuls of quinoa-salmon mixture into clean hands. Form patties with hands and set aside. The mixture should form 4 patties.
- Heat a large pan to medium-high. Add cooking oil and cook patties for ~5-7 minutes each side, or until slightly browned.
- Serve patties with toppings of choice. Enjoy with a side salad, veggies, or fries!