15+ Healthy Recipes With Strawberries
Have you ever found yourself wondering what to make with strawberries? This collection of 15+ dietitian-created recipes will show you delicious, creative, and easy ways to use strawberries in breakfasts, smoothies, desserts, salads, snacks, and savoury dishes. Enjoy!
In this post, you’ll find 15+ healthy recipes using strawberries along with a breakdown of the nutrition benefits of strawberries! Keep scrolling to explore all strawberry recipes, or click to go directly to the following sections:
Strawberry Nutrition & Health Benefits
Strawberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C – a serving of 8 strawberries (1 cup) has about the same amount as an orange!
Vitamin C plays an essential role in immune function and helps form your body’s blood vessels, muscle, and collagen. It also helps your body absorb iron from foods and acts as an antioxidant.
In addition to Vitamin C, strawberries are also a source of dietary fibre (a 1 cup serving contains 3 grams). Fibre helps to lower blood cholesterol and promotes a healthy digestive system.
Strawberries also contain a small amount of other micronutrients, like:
- vitamin B6
In this section you’ll find easy ways to start your day with strawberries! You can use either fresh or frozen strawberries for these breakfast recipes.
1) Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
2) Strawberry Vanilla Overnight Steel Cut Oats
3) Strawberry Pineapple Spinach Smoothie
4) Strawberry Rose Chia Jam
5) Watermelon Banana & Strawberry Smoothie
Strawberry Salads & Savoury Dishes
In this section you’ll find a handful of ways to use fresh strawberries in savoury dishes, like summer salads. Their sweet, juicy taste offers SUCH a delicious contrast to more savoury flavours – I promise!
6) Balsamic Baked Salmon With Strawberry Salsa
7) Strawberry, Tomato & Avocado Salad
8) Summer Salad With Corn, Strawberries & Avocado
9) Easy Halloumi Salad With Couscous
10) Strawberry Quinoa Salad With Feta
Snacks & Desserts With Strawberries
While fresh strawberries make a delightful snack or dessert on their own, they can also be used in more creative ways – like in frozen or baked treats!
11) Whipped Feta With Roasted Balsamic Strawberries
12) Homemade Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
13) Strawberry Peach Crisp
14) Strawberry Orange Frozen Yogurt Bark
15) Honey-Roasted Strawberries With Vanilla
16) Avocado Boats With Mango, Strawberries & Balsamic
More Recipe Round-Ups To Explore
- 9 Easy, Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes
- 20+ Easy, Healthy Spring & Summer Salad Recipes
- 25+ Heathy Recipes With Oats
- 10 Simple, Healthy Salmon Recipes
- 15+ Easy, Healthy Shrimp Recipes
- 20+ Easy, Healthy Pasta Recipes
- 20+ Easy, Healthy Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
And there you have it – 15+ Easy, Healthy Recipes With Strawberries to cook and enjoy. I so hope you found inspiration for some new and creative ways to use strawberries! If you make any of these recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: 15+ Healthy Recipes With Strawberries, Including Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
- 1.5 cups almond milk, unsweetened (or other milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (or vegan alternative)
- 1/2 cup oats (rolled or quick)
- 2 cups strawberries (or fruit of choice)
- 2 Tbsp nut butter, unsweetened (almond or peanut)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4-5 ice cubes (or more as desired)
- Optional: scoop of unflavoured protein powder or collagen
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, starting with the almond milk (putting the liquid first helps to blend things easier!)
- Blend until fully smooth. If things are a little too thick, add an extra splash of almond milk until desired texture is achieved. Enjoy!
- This smoothie will keep for about 2 days in the fridge. Simply pour it into a jar with a lid and refrigerate. Separation is normal – just give the jar a good shake or put it in the blender again.
- If you’d like to freeze this smoothie, pour it into silicone ice cube trays or muffin tins and place them in the freezer. Once frozen, you can pop out the smoothie “cubes” and store them in a freezer-safe bag. Just thaw them for a few hours or the night before you want the smoothie.
- mixed berries (I tried this + it was delicious!)