Grilled Zucchini With Goat Cheese, Basil & Honey
This easy grilled zucchini recipe is made with crumbled goat cheese, basil, and honey. It’s SO simple, healthy, and delicious – the perfect summer vegetable side dish!
Well, it’s official. After almost 30 years, I FINALLY have a BBQ in my home. It’s only been one month, and I’ve already been using it to death!
One of my favourite recipes that I’ve made on the BBQ so far is this Grilled Zucchini With Goat Cheese, Basil & Honey. My boyfriend and I have been making it on repeat.
It’s SO easy to cook, uses only 5 ingredients (plus salt + pepper), and adds such a fun punch of flavour to zucchini. I think you’re gonna love this one!
Want more side dish inspiration? Check out my roundup of 20+ easy, healthy vegetable side dish recipes for more ideas!
How To Grill Zucchini
New to grilling zucchini? I promise it’s super easy and takes just a few steps! Check out my answers to some common questions below:
How do you cut up zucchini?
I recommend cutting zucchini lengthwise into long strips. Remove the ends off the zucchini and cut into 1/3-inch or 1/2-inch slices.
Depending on the size of your zucchini, you’ll end up with 3-4 strips per vegetable.
Should you salt zucchini before grilling?
Yes! I definitely recommend salting the cut up strips of zucchini prior to grilling them. Simply sprinkle them with salt, then let them sit for about 20 minutes.
The salt will pull out a lot of the water in the zucchini, which you can pat off before putting them on the grill. This will help prevent a watery mess!
Do you peel zucchini before grilling?
Never :). I always suggest to leave the zucchini skins on. The skins of fruits + veggies often contain a TON of the nutrients and fibre. You don’t want to miss out on it!
Should you oil zucchini before grilling?
Yup! I recommend brushing both sides of each zucchini slice with a little bit of olive or avocado oil before placing them on the grill. This helps to prevent the zucchini from drying out and sticking to the grill.
Is Grilled Zucchini Healthy?
You bet! Zucchini is not only delicious, but it’s jam-packed with nutrition benefits, too.
Zucchini is rich in many micronutrients, like:
- vitamin A
- vitamin C
- vitamin K
- vitamin B6
This summer squash is also a great source of dietary fibre, with one medium zucchini providing 2 grams or 8% of your daily fibre needs.
Like other fruits and veggies, zucchini is also a great source of antioxidants, especially carotenoids like lutein and zeaxanthin.
What To Pair With Grilled Zucchini
Need some ideas to make this grilled zucchini a full meal? I highly recommend pairing it with a yummy protein and starch to make it nutritionally-balanced.
- Garlic Shrimp With Smoked Paprika & Honey
- Crispy Turmeric Salmon With Yogurt Sauce
- Honey Mustard Garlic Shrimp
- Honey Lemon Oven-Baked Salmon With Thyme
- 25-Minute Baked Salmon With Pistachio Pesto
- Crispy Baked Tofu With Maple Miso Sauce
- Crispy Salmon With Coconut, Honey & Lime
- Easy Curry Tofu Scramble
- The Best Canned Salmon Burger
- How To Cook & Season Quinoa: 3 Recipes
- How To Cook Farro
- Crispy Roasted Potatoes With Chili & Paprika
- Roasted Potatoes With Za’atar & Lemon
TIP: If you have any leftovers of this grilled zucchini, they taste great thrown into a salad, pasta, or sandwich!
More Easy Zucchini Recipes
- Raw Zucchini Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette
- Creamy Vegan Zucchini Pesto
- Vegan Zucchini Squash Casserole
- Zucchini Bread Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Easy Roasted Zucchini With Parmesan & Basil
- Pan Seared Scallops & Zucchini Noodle Pasta
Did you give this Grilled Zucchini With Goat Cheese, Basil & Honey a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Grilled Zucchini With Goat Cheese, Basil & Honey
- 5 medium zucchinis
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1.5 Tbsp honey
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Remove ends from zucchini and slice into 1/2-inch pieces, lengthwise. Spread sliced zucchini onto a plate or cutting board, and apply salt liberally. Set aside for 20 minutes to allow excess water to drain out of zucchini. Pat dry using a clean cloth or paper towel.
- Heat your grill or grill pan to medium-high. Brush olive oil or avocado oil onto both sides of each zucchini slice.
- Place slices of zucchini onto the grill. Cook for 10-15 minutes, flipping halfway. Zucchini is done when it is tender and grill marks appear. Be sure not to over-cook!
- Remove zucchini from the grill and serve on a large plate. Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese and freshly chopped basil. Drizzle honey over top and season with salt + pepper, as desired. Enjoy!