Greek Yogurt With Sumo Orange, Cacao & Mint
A delicious, refreshing, yet simple seasonal breakfast bowl with Greek yogurt, sumo oranges, cacao nibs, fresh mint, and granola.
This Greek yogurt bowl is topped with sliced sumo orange, fresh mint, cacao nibs and chunks of granola. While it may look fancy, this breakfast is in fact deliciously easy!
Have you guys tried sumo oranges before? I’ve recently discovered them thanks to the amazing Eva Chen (head of fashion marketing at Instagram and by far one of my favourite accounts to follow), and now I can’t get enough! These oranges are kind of like giant mandarins – super easy to peel, really juicy, sweet but also with a touch of sourness. They’re only in season until April, so if you guys haven’t tried one, I’d suggest you get your hands on one before it’s too late!!
Like other orange varieties, these sumo oranges pair beautifully with flavours like chocolate and mint. Combine these ingredients together with plain greek yogurt, and you have a refreshing breakfast to start your day.
More Easy Breakfast Recipes
- Honey-Poached Pear Yogurt Bowl
- Simple Creamy Green Smoothie
- Healthy Zucchini Bread Steel Cut Oatmeal
- Easy Grated Apple Bircher Muesli
- 4-Ingredient Chia Seed Pudding
If you give this Greek Yogurt Bowl With Sumo Citrus, Cacao & Mint recipe a try, let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below! Be sure to follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more simple, healthy recipe ideas.
Get the Recipe: Greek Yogurt Bowl With Sumo Citrus, Cacao & Mint
- 1 large sumo orange (although you may use other oranges if desired!)
- 1/2-3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or Icelandic Skyr
- 1.5 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup granola of choice
- A couple leaves of fresh mint, ripped or chopped
- 1 tsp maple syrup (optional, if more sweetness is desired)
- To slice sumo orange – use a sharp knife to cut off the two ends. Place orange standing up on one of the cut ends, take your knife and cut downwards to remove the skin, rotating around the entire orange until all skin is removed. Turn the orange on its side, and slice into “rings”or “circles.”
- Add yogurt and sliced orange to a bowl. Sprinkle with cacao nibs and granola. Using hands, rip fresh mint leaves and sprinkle over top.
- While you may find the dish to be sweet enough, feel free to add a touch of maple syrup if desired. Enjoy cold!