Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (Blender Recipe)
Hi friends! Sharing something sweet with you guys today. I’ve been scrolling through my old photos and came across this gluten free chocolate chip banana bread made with oat flour. I remember making this right before heading into my staff relief rotations during my dietetic internship. Safe to say that was a VERY stressful time in my life, and some comforting banana bread was much needed!
I know some people may be thinking that RDs are immune to emotional eating, but that simply isn’t true. We are only human, and I don’t believe in being too hard on yourself when it comes to food (being super regimented and “perfect” is never the answer!) That said, we all need treats now and then. If said treat can be made at home with decent ingredients, then even better :).
Get the Recipe: Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup liquid ghee
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (benefits of Greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
- Approx. 1/4 cup pecans (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Blend the rolled oats in a high speed blender to make oat flour.
- Add baking soda, salt, and cinnamon to the flour and blend again.
- Then add eggs, liquid ghee, raw honey, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and the very ripe bananas. Blend all ingredients until smooth and well-combined.
- Fold in semi-sweet chocolate chips, and pour into a greased baking pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. At 30 minutes in, remove from oven and add pecans and extra chocolate chips to the top of the loaf, returning to oven to finish baking.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know by leaving a recipe rating below, or by tagging @walderwellness on Instagram. I love seeing your beautiful creations!