Ginger-Cinnamon Pear Crumble with Rolled Oats, Pecans, & Walnuts (Vegan/Gluten-Free Option)
I will admit that I’m not the best baker, but with the holidays right around the corner, I figured I needed to make something festive! This oat pear crumble made my whole apartment smell like Christmas, and it tasted absolutely delicious. The ingredients used are pretty healthy, making this a perfect option for either dessert OR breakfast 🙂
For this recipe, I used warming spices like ginger and cinnamon, heart-healthy nuts like walnuts and pecans (which just taste sooo good when they’re baked), and fibre-rich rolled oats. I didn’t use any added sugars to make this dish, as I find that baking pears brings out so much sweetness. If you’d like it a little more sweet, feel free to serve with a drizzle of pure maple syrup. This recipe can be made gluten-free by using certified gluten free oats, and can be made vegan/dairy-free by swapping the Greek yogurt with a full-fat coconut yogurt instead. I hope you guys enjoy this one!
Get the Recipe: Ginger-Cinnamon Pear Crumble with Rolled Oats, Pecans & Walnuts (Vegan/GF Option)
- 1.5 cups rolled oats (use certified gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup pecans, raw, unsalted
- 1/2 cup walnuts, raw, unsalted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Sprinkle sea salt
- 5 tbsp coconut butter
- 5 pears (I used bosc)
- Plain Greek yogurt for serving (swap with dairy-free yogurt if needed) (benefits of Greek yogurt)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add 1/2 cup rolled oats to a mini food processor or blender. Blend into a flour (leave texture slightly coarse).
- In a large mixing bowl, add oat flour with other 1 cup of rolled oats. Add cinnamon, ginger, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Roughly chop pecans and walnuts, and add to oat mixture. Stir together well.
- Spoon solid coconut butter into oat mixture. With your hands, mix coconut butter into the oat mixture. Set aside.
- Wash, chop, de-seed pears, and then spread into a baking dish. Sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon and ginger. Evenly spread oat crumble mixture on top of pears. Bake in oven for ~45 minutes.
- Spoon crumble into small serving dishes, and serve with a spoonful of plain Greek yogurt. For a dairy-free option, use coconut yogurt instead. Best served hot! If making ahead, save crumble mixture in fridge and simply reheat in microwave before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know by leaving a recipe rating below, or by tagging @walderwellness on Instagram. I love seeing your beautiful creations!