Ginger-Cinnamon Pear Crumble with Rolled Oats, Pecans, & Walnuts (Vegan/Gluten-Free Option)
I will admit that I’m not the best baker, but with the holidays right around the corner, I figured I needed to make something festive! This oat pear crumble made my whole apartment smell like Christmas, and it tasted absolutely delicious. The ingredients used are pretty healthy, making this a perfect option for either dessert OR breakfast 🙂
For this recipe, I used warming spices like ginger and cinnamon, heart-healthy nuts like walnuts and pecans (which just taste sooo good when they’re baked), and fibre-rich rolled oats. I didn’t use any added sugars to make this dish, as I find that baking pears brings out so much sweetness. If you’d like it a little more sweet, feel free to serve with a drizzle of pure maple syrup. This recipe can be made gluten-free by using certified gluten free oats, and can be made vegan/dairy-free by swapping the Greek yogurt with a full-fat coconut yogurt instead. I hope you guys enjoy this one!
Get the Recipe: Ginger-Cinnamon Pear Crumble with Rolled Oats, Pecans & Walnuts (Vegan/GF Option)
- 1.5 cups rolled oats (use certified gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup pecans, raw, unsalted
- 1/2 cup walnuts, raw, unsalted
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Sprinkle sea salt
- 5 tbsp coconut butter
- 5 pears (I used bosc)
- Plain Greek yogurt for serving (swap with dairy-free yogurt if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add 1/2 cup rolled oats to a mini food processor or blender. Blend into a flour (leave texture slightly coarse).
- In a large mixing bowl, add oat flour with other 1 cup of rolled oats. Add cinnamon, ginger, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Roughly chop pecans and walnuts, and add to oat mixture. Stir together well.
- Spoon solid coconut butter into oat mixture. With your hands, mix coconut butter into the oat mixture. Set aside.
- Wash, chop, de-seed pears, and then spread into a baking dish. Sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon and ginger. Evenly spread oat crumble mixture on top of pears. Bake in oven for ~45 minutes.
- Spoon crumble into small serving dishes, and serve with a spoonful of plain Greek yogurt. For a dairy-free option, use coconut yogurt instead. Best served hot! If making ahead, save crumble mixture in fridge and simply reheat in microwave before serving.