Garlic Shrimp With Smoked Paprika & Honey
This sautéed garlic shrimp with smoked paprika and honey is the BEST way to cook shrimp! A quick, easy, and healthy protein recipe that’s only 5 ingredients.
I’ve made this garlic shrimp recipe twice this week and it’s safe to say I’m completely obsessed! I’m so excited to share it with you today.
Shrimp are one of my favourite sources of high-quality protein to add to any meal. This shrimp recipe in particular is seriously SO good and flavourful. Shrimp get sautéed in olive oil, then tossed in the most delicious mix of garlic, smoked paprika, and honey.
Even better? This dish is just 5 ingredients (plus salt and pepper) and the only equipment you need is one frying pan.
Let’s get cooking!
Want more shrimp recipe inspiration? Check out my roundup of 15+ easy, healthy shrimp recipes for more ideas!
How To Cook Garlic Shrimp In A Pan
To start, you’ll want to make sure your shrimp are thawed, deveined, and tails removed. I simply thaw shrimp by running cold water over them in a colander.
Pat the shrimp dry and then place in a bowl. Toss them in a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Then, heat up a pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot (a splash of water should sizzle on it), place the shrimp on the pan. They should be in a single layer with a bit of space between each piece.
Cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, then remove and set aside in a bowl. They’ll be opaque, pink, and slightly browned when done.
In the same pan, add olive oil and thinly sliced garlic. Sauté garlic for 1 minute, until browned and slightly fragrant. Stir in smoked paprika and honey before adding shrimp back into the pan and tossing to coat.
Storage & Reheating Notes
Leftovers of this recipe can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. To reheat – simply pop the leftovers in the microwave or warm them up in a pan on the stovetop.
What To Serve Shrimp With
As a dietitian, I always recommend balancing your meal with a source of protein, complex carbs, healthy fats, and fibre-rich veggies.
For a side of veggies, why not try one of the easy recipes below:
Shrimp Nutrition & Health Benefits
Shrimp is not only so easy to cook, but it’s chock-full of nutrition and health benefits. For instance, shrimp is:
- an excellent source of high-quality, complete protein – a standard 3-ounce or 85-gram serving provides 18 grams
- a good source of micronutrients like selenium, B12, phosphorus, niacin, zinc, magnesium, and iron
- a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, which support the health of your heart and brain
More Easy Shrimp Recipes
- Creamy Coconut Shrimp With Chili Powder & Lime
- Honey Mustard Garlic Shrimp
- Turmeric Shrimp With Cumin & Garlic
- Shrimp & Broccoli With Lemon, Honey & Feta
- Cheesy Butternut Squash Rice Bowl With Shrimp
- Sautéed Shrimp With Tomato Sauce, Feta & Rice
- Green Goddess Rice Bowl With Shrimp
Did you give this Garlic Shrimp With Smoked Paprika & Honey Recipe a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Garlic Shrimp With Smoked Paprika & Honey
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and place them in a small bowl. Toss them in 1 Tbsp olive oil and a bit of salt + pepper.
- Heat up a frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot (a splash of water should sizzle on it), place the shrimp on the pan. They should be in a single layer with a bit of space between each piece – you may need to do this in stages, depending on size of pan.
- Cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, then remove and set aside in a bowl. They’ll be opaque, pink, and slightly browned when done.
- In the same pan, add remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil and sliced garlic. Sauté garlic for 1 minute, until browned and slightly fragrant. Stir in smoked paprika and honey, then add cooked shrimp back into the pan. Toss to coat.
- Remove pan from heat and serve shrimp immediately. Season with salt + pepper, as desired.