frozen coconut, blueberry & banana smoothie bowl with dragonfruit (& bali photo diary!)
It’s hard to believe it’s already been two months since I left for an incredible vacation in Asia. The two weeks I spent with my boyfriend in Bali were some of the most relaxing weeks I’ve ever had; there is something so special and magical about this island, and the people there were some of the kindest and most welcoming I have ever met. If anyone is planning a trip there, I’d be happy to share some of my favorite spots and recommendations with you. I’ve posted a few photos from the trip below in an attempt to capture the beauty of it all.
One of the best parts about Asia has got to be the incredible selection of fresh, tropical fruit. I had so much fruit for breakfast everyday and I couldn’t have been happier (and my boyfriend probably couldn’t have been more annoyed at me snapping pictures of all my breakfasts – typical foodie problems right?!) Anyway, the point of this story is that I FINALLY got to try dragonfruit and it was love at first bite; I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this fruit as soon as I arrived back home! Luckily, I’ve found, that dragonfruit isn’t too hard to come across in North America, and I’ve been enjoying adding it to some of my breakfast bowls, like this simple smoothie bowl made with frozen coconut meat, blueberries, and banana.
RECIPE: FROZEN COCONUT, BLUEBERRY & BANANA SMOOTHIE BOWL WITH DRAGONFRUIT
Time: 10 minutes | Serves: 1
- Approx. 1/2 package (200g) frozen young thai coconut meat (I used one from Feeding Change)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (optional)
- 1 dragonfruit
- Optional toppings: chia seeds & organic muesli
- Cut dragonfruit in half. Using a melon baller or a teaspoon, scoop out balls of dragonfruit. Set aside in a bowl.
- In a high speed blender, mix coconut meat, frozen blueberries, frozen banana, and peanut butter. If you find this is not sweet enough for you, feel free to add a touch of honey or pure maple syrup.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl, and top with dragonfruit balls, chia seeds, and muesli. Feel free to experiment with other nuts and seeds or granola. This bowl is best enjoyed cold!
BALI PHOTO DIARY
1+2: Uluwatu temple || 3: Padang Padang Beach, Uluwatu || 4+5: Paulina Coffee Plantations, Ubud || 6: Le Pirate Beach Club, Gili Trawangan || 7: Ungasan Clifftop Resort || 8: Tegalalang Rice Fields, Ubud || 9: Potato Head Beach Club || 10: Tegenungan Waterfall || 11: Single Fin Beach Club || 12 + 13: Gunung Kawi Temple, Ubud