15+ Fall & Winter Salad Recipe Ideas
This collection of 15+ dietitian-designed fall and winter salad recipe ideas showcase the best of seasonal produce! Here you’ll find plenty of kale salads, warm and hearty grain salads, as well as pasta salads. Many of them can be enjoyed as a main dish or served as a side salad (such as at a holiday gathering). These salad recipes are simple, healthy, and delicious!
I don’t know about you, but as soon as the weather dips to cooler temperatures I find myself craving hearty, seasonal salads like the ones you’ll find in this recipe roundup!
These fall and winter salads celebrate the best of seasonal produce. You’ll find them packed with ingredients like kale, roasted squash, sweet potatoes, broccoli, mushrooms, and hearty whole grains like quinoa or farro.
I promise that there’s no boring salads around here! Each of these recipes features a delicious dressing as well – many of them are rich, tahini-based ones and so satisfying.
As mentioned, these salads are all pretty straight-forward to make. In most of the recipes you’ll find ways to modify the salads to meet your dietary needs (such as making them vegan, dairy-free, or gluten-free if they aren’t already).
Plus, many of them can be enjoyed as sides or main dishes, and (compared to summer salads) most of them hold up really well as leftovers (packed lunch, anyone?)
I’d so love to know if you try any. Enjoy!
PS. Did you know that I have a spring and summer salad recipe roundup too?! Be sure to bookmark this page for when the seasons change 😉
1) Kale Butternut Squash Salad
2) Warm Mushroom Salad With Miso Dressing
3) Roasted Broccoli Salad With Cranberry, Farro & Feta
4) Broccoli Kale Salad With Tahini Dressing
5) Kale Pasta Salad With Sun-Dried Tomatoes
6) Vegan Kale & Brussels Sprout Caesar Salad
7) Roasted Pepper Salad With Farro & Goat Cheese
8) Broccoli, Cauliflower & Salmon Salad With Curry Tahini Dressing
9) Winter Pasta Salad With Roasted Vegetables
10) Grilled Kale Salad With Avocado, Lemon & Parmesan
11) Cold Chopped Quinoa Salad With Eggs
12) Massaged Kale Salad With Roasted Sweet Potatoes
13) Balsamic Roasted Beet Salad
14) Warm Prune Salad With Sweet Potatoes & Quinoa
15) Massaged Kale Salad With Maple Tahini Dressing
16) Roasted Pumpkin Salad
And there you have it – 15+ Easy, Healthy Fall & Winter Salad Recipes to cook and enjoy. I so hope you found some inspiration from this list!
More Recipe Round-Ups To Explore
- 10+ Healthy Kale Recipes
- 10+ Healthy Sweet Potato Recipes
- 30 Healthy Recipes With Oats
- 20+ Easy, Healthy Pasta Recipes
- 20+ Easy, Healthy Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
- 15+ Easy, Healthy Egg Recipe Ideas
- 30 Healthy Plant-Based Breakfast Ideas
If you make any of these recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: 15+ Fall & Winter Salad Recipes, Including Kale Butternut Squash Salad
- 1 large bunch kale, curly or lacinato
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 a lemon, juice only
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup farro, dry
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled + cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- Preheat oven to 400F and bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Remove kale leaves from stems before washing and drying. Place kale in a large salad/mixing bowl and drizzle 2 Tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper overtop.
- Using your hands, squeeze and massage the oil-lemon mixture into the kale, similar to how you would knead dough (about 1 minute). Cover the bowl and let sit while you cook the rest of the ingredients.
- Cook farro in the pot of boiling water using the "pasta method" or according to package directions. Drain when done.
- Place butternut squash cubes on a baking sheet and toss in remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil, cinnamon, and salt. Transfer to the oven for 30 minutes, tossing halfway.
- Once both farro and squash are cooked, add them to the massaged kale along with goat cheese, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds. Toss well, adding more salt + pepper if desired. Serve and enjoy!