35+ Easy, Healthy Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
This collection of 35+ easy, healthy vegetable side dish recipes will help elevate any meal! Each of these recipes uses simple ingredients that pack in a TON of flavour + nutrition benefits. Everything is vegetarian + gluten-free, with many vegan options.
Looking for some easy vegetable side dishes to serve at your next family gathering or weeknight dinner? You’ve come to the right place!
I’ve rounded up 35+ healthy vegetable side dish recipes from my website for you below. Each of these dishes use minimal ingredients that pack in a TON of flavour – think lots of toasted nuts, fresh herbs, spices, simple sauces, and sprinkles of cheese.
As a dietitian, I hope to show you that eating vegetables can be tasty and fun! There’s no boring or bland vegetables around here – I promise.
All of these recipes are vegetarian and gluten-free, with many vegan options available. There’s something for everyone – plant-based eaters, meat-eaters, and picky eaters alike.
To help you navigate this long list, I’ve organized this roundup into the following sections:
- fall + winter vegetable side dishes – this section is great if you’re trying to plan your menus for holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas!
- spring + summer vegetable side dishes – head to this section if you’re looking for summer BBQ side dishes, or something to serve at Easter
- year-round vegetable side dishes – this section is perfect for year-round cooking 🙂
Fall & Winter Vegetable Side Dishes
This section includes side dishes for classic fall and winter veggies, along with cozy seasonings and spices. Think winter squash, sweet potatoes, and brussels sprouts. Everything in this section would be perfect for your holiday menus!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Carrots
Quinoa Stuffed Delicata Squash
Roasted Broccoli Salad With Farro, Cranberry & Feta
Honey-Roasted Brussels Sprouts With Blue Cheese & Hazelnuts
Roasted Butternut Squash With Kale & Spicy Coconut Cream
Maple-Roasted Carrots With Harissa Yogurt
Maple Roasted Delicata Squash
Sautéed Shredded Brussels Sprouts With Parmesan & Lemon
Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges With Curry Tahini
Roasted Acorn Squash Slices
Roasted Japanese Sweet Potatoes
Roasted Honeynut Squash
Smoked Paprika Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Miso Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Carrot Parsnip & Potato Mash
Easy Hasselback Potatoes With Parmesan, Rosemary & Lemon
Spring & Summer Vegetable Side Dishes
This section features vegetables that are in peak season during the spring and summer – think zucchini, asparagus, and peppers! You’ll also find some veggies that are available year-round, but their toppings and seasonings lean more heavily towards warmer weather.
Roasted Asparagus With Pecan Parm
Pan Fried Asparagus With Balsamic
Juicy Oven-Roasted Radishes
Grilled Zucchini With Goat Cheese, Basil & Honey
Roasted Zucchini With Parm & Basil
Roasted Peppers & Zucchini
Couscous Stuffed Peppers
Zucchini Squash Casserole
Balsamic Roasted Broccoli
Year-Round Veggie Side Dishes
This section is not particular to any season, these veggie side dishes can (and should!) be enjoyed year round.
Oven Roasted Green Beans With Parmesan
Garlic Sautéed Green Beans With Dijon Vinaigrette
Easy Roasted Broccolini + Kale With Honey
Roasted Miso Broccoli
Asian-Inspired Sautéed Celery
Roasted Eggplant With Honey & Chermoula
Roasted Bok Choy
Balsamic Roasted Beets With Goat Cheese & Walnuts
Roasted Beet & Fennel With Orange Vinaigrette
Curry-Roasted Cauliflower With Minty Yogurt Sauce
Crispy Roasted Potatoes With Chili & Paprika
Crispy Smashed Potatoes With Hemp Seed Pesto
Crispy Smashed Potatoes With Parsley Yogurt Sauce
Roasted Potatoes With Za’atar
And there you have it – 35+ Easy, Healthy Vegetable Side Dish Recipes to enjoy at your next family gathering or weeknight dinner. I so hope you found some inspiration from this list!
More Recipe Round-Ups To Explore
- 15+ Easy, Healthy Egg Recipe Ideas
- 30 Healthy Plant-Based Breakfast Ideas
- 18 Healthy Lunch Ideas To Pack For Work
- 30+ Healthy Meal Prep Snack Recipes
- 25 Dietitian-Approved Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas
- 30 Healthy Meal Prep Ideas For Lunch & Dinner
If you make any of these recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: 35+ Healthy Vegetable Side Dishes, Including Balsamic Roasted Beets
- Remove greens, stems, and rough ends of beets. With a vegetable peeler, remove skins and cut into ~1-inch chunks.
- In a large bowl, toss beets with olive oil and salt until evenly coated. Spread beets onto lined baking sheet, ensuring space in between each piece. Cook in the oven for 30-35 minutes, tossing once halfway through. Beets are done once they are fork-tender.
- While beets cook, make balsamic dressing by adding ingredients into a small jar and shaking vigorously.
- Once beets are cooked, remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Transfer beets to a bowl and toss with balsamic dressing. Sprinkle beets with crumbled goat cheese, walnuts, and freshly chopped herbs. Enjoy!
As a dietitian, I create recipes with whole food ingredients that provide the nutrients needed for optimal health. My nutrition philosophy does not focus on numbers; however, I understand that this information can be helpful.
Do note that the nutrition info provided is an estimate and I cannot guarantee correctness of the displayed values. These numbers will differ depending on brands used, recipe modifications, and amount eaten. If you require specific nutrition information due to medical reasons, please consult with your dietitian or physician.