15+ Easy, Healthy Shrimp Recipes
This collection of 15+ easy, healthy shrimp recipes will give you plenty of ideas for what to make with shrimp. Think lots of shrimp pastas, rice bowls, and vegetable-heavy dishes!
Looking for some new ideas for how or what to cook with shrimp? You’ve come to the right place! I’ve rounded up 15+ of the BEST shrimp recipe ideas from my website and from some of my favourite food bloggers below.
Each of these dishes uses simple, minimal ingredients and is easy to prepare.
Here you’ll find lots of shrimp pastas, shrimp rice bowls, and other vegetable-heavy dishes dishes prepared with shrimp!
As a dietitian, shrimp are one of my favourite protein foods to add to any meal! Here’s why I love shrimp so much:
- they go SO well with everything
- they’re super quick and easy to prepare
- you can keep a bag in your freezer to use at any time – just run them under cold water in a colander to thaw in minutes!
- they pack in a ton of nutrition benefits (highlighted below)
Nutrition Benefits of Shrimp
Shrimp are an excellent source of high-quality, complete protein – a standard 3-ounce or 85-gram serving provides 18 grams of protein.
This tasty shellfish is also rich in essential micronutrients like:
- vitamin B12
Finally, shrimp is a source of omega-3 fatty acids, which support the health of your heart and brain.
Now, let’s get into those easy, healthy shrimp recipes!
1) Garlic Shrimp With Smoked Paprika & Honey
2) Green Goddess Rice Bowl With Shrimp
3) Spaghetti Squash With Kale Pesto & Shrimp
4) Cheesy Butternut Squash Rice Bowl With Shrimp
5) Shrimp & Broccoli With Lemon, Honey, and Feta
6) Easy Honey Mustard Garlic Shrimp
7) Sautéed Shrimp With Tomato Sauce, Feta & Rice
8) Shrimp Taco Salad Bowl
9) Winter Pasta Salad With Shrimp
10) Sweet Potato Fettuccine With Veggies & Shrimp
11) Basil Walnut Pesto Linguine With Shrimp
12) Pasta With Veggies, Zoodles & Shrimp
13) Roasted Vegetable Pasta Salad With Shrimp
14) Tabbouleh With Grilled Shrimp
15) Baked Coconut Shrimp With Mango Avocado Salad
16) Citrus Sesame Grilled Shrimp Kabobs
17) One-Pan Mediterranean Shrimp
I hope this post has given you tons of inspiration for easy, healthy shrimp recipe ideas. If you make any of these shrimp dishes, be sure to let me know in the comments below!
More Recipe Round Ups To Explore
- 20 Easy, Healthy Pasta Recipes
- 15+ Easy, Healthy Egg Recipe Ideas
- 20+ Easy Healthy Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
- 30 Healthy Plant-Based Breakfast Ideas
- 18 Healthy Lunch Ideas To Pack For Work
- 30+ Healthy Meal Prep Snack Recipes
If you make any of these recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: 15+ Easy, Healthy Shrimp Recipes, Including Garlic Shrimp With Smoked Paprika & Honey
- Pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and place them in a small bowl. Toss them in 1 Tbsp olive oil and a bit of salt + pepper.
- Heat up a frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot (a splash of water should sizzle on it), place the shrimp on the pan. They should be in a single layer with a bit of space between each piece – you may need to do this in stages, depending on size of pan.
- Cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, then remove and set aside in a bowl. They’ll be opaque, pink, and slightly browned when done.
- In the same pan, add remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil and sliced garlic. Sauté garlic for 1 minute, until browned and slightly fragrant. Stir in smoked paprika and honey, then add cooked shrimp back into the pan. Toss to coat.
- Remove pan from heat and serve shrimp immediately. Season with salt + pepper, as desired.