15+ Easy, Healthy Egg Recipe Ideas
This collection of 15+ easy, healthy egg recipes ideas will give you a ton of inspiration for what to make with eggs. These dishes use simple ingredients, are easy to cook, and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner!
Looking for some creative ways to cook with eggs that aren’t your standard scrambled or fried eggs over toast? You’ve come to the right place!
I’ve rounded up 15+ easy, healthy egg recipe ideas from my website for you below. Each of these egg dishes uses minimal ingredients but pack in a TON of flavour.
As a dietitian, I’ve made sure that these recipes get in lots of vegetables and that they’re balanced in nutrition. Eggs are one of my favourite protein sources, and I go more in depth on their nutrition benefits below if you’re interested.
Many of these recipes can be enjoyed for any meal of the day – breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. I’d love to know which ones you end up making!
Egg Nutrition Benefits
There are so many reasons why eggs are one of my favourite protein sources. They’re easy to cook with, super versatile, delicious, affordable, AND packed with nutrition benefits.
A standard serving of 2 large eggs provides 13 grams of complete protein, which provides essential amino acids to build and repair our muscles, organs, and body tissues.
Protein also helps to slow digestion, meaning you’ll feel fuller for longer when including a quality source of protein in your meals and snacks. This is what makes these recipes so satisfying!
In addition to protein, eggs are rich in other essential micronutrients like:
- vitamin A
- vitamin D
- vitamin E
- vitamin B12
Did you know that eggs are even a source of antioxidants, like lutein and zeaxanthin?
What’s more – the fat content of eggs can help your body absorb any fat-soluble nutrients found in the rest of the meal (like in vegetables, for instance)!
The recipes below share easy, delicious ways to reap the health benefits of eggs 🙂
1) Easy Stovetop Shakshuka (No Oven)
2) Brussels Sprouts & Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Hash
3) One-Pan Taco Breakfast Skillet
4) Nutritious Egg Frittata Muffins
5) Savoury Kimchi Oatmeal
6) Root Vegetable Frittata
7) Eggs Benedict With Canned Salmon & Herby Hollandaise
8) Pesto Potato Hash Skillet
9) Kimchi Quinoa Bowl With Fried Egg
10) Easy Coconut Curry Shakshuka
11) Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich (No-Mayo)
12) Chimichurri Grain Bowl
13) Spanakopita Frittata
14 Chopped Quinoa Salad With Eggs
15) Sweet Potato & Kale Skillet Hash
16) Baked Tomato Pasta With Eggs & Feta
17) Cucumber Avocado Salad With Quinoa & Eggs
I hope this post has given you tons of inspiration for easy, healthy egg recipe ideas. If you make any of egg dishes, be sure to let me know in the comments below!
More Recipe Round-Ups To Explore
- 20+ Easy Healthy Vegetable Side Dish Recipes
- 30 Healthy Plant-Based Breakfast Ideas
- 15+ Easy, Healthy Shrimp Recipes
- 18 Healthy Lunch Ideas To Pack For Work
- 30+ Healthy Meal Prep Snack Recipes
- 25 Dietitian-Approved Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep Ideas
- 25 Meal Prep Component Recipes To Mix & Match
If you make any of these recipes, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: 15+ Easy, Healthy Egg Recipe Ideas, Including Stovetop Shakshuka
- Heat a large pan over medium. Add olive oil and sauté chopped bell pepper for ~5 minutes.
- Add spinach to the pan, sautéing for about 1 minute until slightly wilted.
- Add tomato sauce, thyme, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, adjusting for taste. Cook for ~3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Using the back of a spoon or spatula, make space in the sauce mixture to crack the eggs into. Next, sprinkle with crumbled cheese and cover pan with a lid.
- Let cook until egg whites are done (around 5-10 minutes), making sure not to overcook (you want the yolks to still be soft). NOTE: Keep an eye on the eggs at this point, as timing will differ depending on how deep your pan is, how hot your oven is, etc.
- Remove pan from heat, and sprinkle with fresh basil, cracked pepper, and an extra drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy hot and serve with a side of freshly toasted sourdough!
- Try using different greens instead of spinach, like kale or chard.
- Try using different veggies in place of red bell peppers – it’s a great way to use up anything going bad!
- Try experimenting with different spice combinations. One I particularly love is a mix of cumin, chili powder, and paprika.
- Omit the goat cheese (if dairy-free), or swap it with feta or parmesan.
- Try adding in freshly chopped onion or garlic for extra flavour.
- Use any type of canned tomatoes – tomato sauce, fire-roasted, strained, crushed, even harissa…they will all work!