Crunchy Cucumber Carrot Celery Salad
This raw cucumber carrot celery salad recipe is crunchy, refreshing, and delicious! It’s made with simple ingredients like fresh dill, parsley, mint, and a lemon vinaigrette dressing. Recipe is easy, healthy, vegan, gluten-free and makes a perfect side salad!
This cucumber carrot and celery salad recipe is made with shredded carrots, chopped cucumbers, and diced celery for SO much crunchy deliciousness! It’s filled with plenty of fresh herbs for added flavour and to make things even more refreshing 🙂
As a dietitian, I’m happy to share that all of these ingredients are packed with nutrition benefits. I go more in-depth into the unique nutrition profiles of carrots, cucumber, and celery below if you’re interested. Plus, tips for how to shred carrots!
This is a great way to get in plenty of fresh, raw vegetables and it’s meant to be enjoyed as a side salad. I’ve included a bunch of serving ideas for you to make a complete meal out of this as well. Enjoy!
Want more salad recipe inspiration? Check out my roundup of 20+ easy, healthy spring + summer salad recipes for more ideas!
Recipe Ingredients Needed
All you need to make this carrot salad are 12 simple ingredients:
- fresh dill
- fresh parsley
- fresh mint
- olive oil
- white wine vinegar
- maple syrup
- dijon mustard
- garlic powder
Full ingredient measurements and detailed instructions are located in the recipe card at the bottom of this post!
TIP: If you purchase carrots or celery with the tops attached, don’t throw them out! Feel free to give the tops a good wash and dry, then chop them up and add to this salad (similar to the fresh herbs). It’s a delicious (and nutritious) way to reduce food waste 🙂
How To Shred Or Grate Carrots
The quickest way to shred carrots is by using the shredding attachment of a large food processor (I’ve linked the one I use below). It get’s the job done in seconds!
This is my go-to large food processor from Cuisinart. It’s a super quick and powerful way to shred veggies and create things like energy balls, sauces, and more!
What To Serve This Salad With
I recommend serving this refreshing, crunchy salad alongside your favourite protein! Some ideas that I think would pair well:
- baked miso maple ginger salmon
- honey garlic tofu
- grilled salmon with wasabi-dill yogurt sauce
- honey mustard garlic shrimp
- smoked paprika shrimp with honey
- baked honey lemon salmon with thyme
- crispy turmeric salmon with yogurt sauce
- baked tofu with maple miso sauce
- canned salmon quinoa burgers
- grilled or pan-fried chicken
- eggs (hard-boiled, scrambled, omelet, or a frittata)
How Long Can I Keep Carrot Salad In The Fridge?
This carrot salad will keep for up to 3 days in an airtight container in the fridge. It’s best enjoyed sooner, as it can become a little more watery from the cucumber over time. However, because the carrots and celery are so crunchy it will still be delicious!
Carrot Nutrition Benefits
Carrots are a great source of different micronutrients, such as vitamin A, K, B6, C, folate, and potassium.
In particular, carrots are a great source of beta-carotene, a carotenoid that your body converts into vitamin A. One cup of chopped carrots provides 428% of your daily vitamin A needs.
Beta-carotene, along with other plant compounds abundant in carrots like lutein and lycopene, act as powerful antioxidants. Antioxidants help to promote health and reduce risk for many chronic illnesses.
Carrots are also a good source of dietary fibre, with 1 cup of chopped carrots providing almost 4 grams of fibre (about 14% of your daily needs).
Cucumber Nutrition Benefits
This refreshing veggie is 96% water, making it super hydrating and a perfect food for warmer weather. Cucumbers are a great source of vitamins like vitamin K and C, as well as minerals like potassium, manganese, and magnesium.
In addition, cucumbers are a good source of fibre and antioxidants. To maximize the nutrition benefits of cucumbers, be sure to leave the peel on!
Celery Nutrition Benefits
Like cucumber, celery is also a great source of hydration at 95% water!
Celery is also a good source of dietary fibre and antioxidants.
From a micronutrient standpoint, celery is a source of potassium, folate, and vitamin K, C, and A.
More Refreshing Salad Recipes
- Raw Zucchini Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette
- Crispy Tofu Salad With Miso Tahini Dressing
- Crunchy Romaine Salad With Za’atar Dressing
- Simple Kale Apple Walnut Salad
- Asian-Inspired Cold Soba Noodle Salad
Did you give this Cucumber Carrot Celery Salad Recipe a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Crunchy Cucumber Carrot Celery Salad
- 3 cups carrots, shredded (about 3-4 medium-large carrots)
- 1.5 cups long English cucumber, diced (about 1/2-2/3 of a cucumber)
- 1.5 cups celery, diced (about 4 large stalks)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine shredded carrots, chopped cucumbers, celery, dill, parsley, and mint.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together by vigorously shaking them in a jar with a lid, or whisking them in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss everything to combine well. Season with extra salt and pepper, as desired. Serve immediately or keep chilled in the fridge!