Crispy Turmeric Salmon With Yogurt Sauce
This crispy turmeric salmon recipe is SO delicious and ready in 20 minutes. Paired with a herby greek yogurt sauce, this dish is easy, healthy, and high in protein. Enjoy with a side of greens and grains!
I’m so excited to share this crispy turmeric salmon recipe with you today! It’s such a delicious 20-minute protein dish.
In this recipe, crispy pan-seared salmon is topped with warming spices like turmeric, cumin, and garlic. These warm flavours are contrasted by a cooling herby yogurt sauce, which really rounds out the meal.
This salmon recipe is quick, easy, and healthy. As a dietitian, that’s what I’m all about. I hope you love this crispy skin turmeric salmon as much as I do!
Want more salmon recipe inspiration? Check out my roundup of simple, healthy salmon recipes for more ideas!
What Is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a warming spice derived from the Curcuma longa plant. The spice is widely used in South Asian, Indian, and Middle Eastern cooking.
Turmeric is well known for it’s bright yellow colour, which comes from fat-soluble pigments called “curcuminoids.”
The main curcuminoid is called “curcumin,” which is considered to be the most active component of turmeric that provides it’s many health benefits.
To learn more about turmeric’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, be sure to check out my post all about the Health Benefits of Turmeric!
How To Cook Crispy Turmeric Salmon
Next, brush all of the oil-turmeric mixture over salmon fillets, coating well. Crack salt + pepper over salmon.
Then, heat a frying pan over high heat. Test to make sure the pan is hot enough by splashing a drop of water on it. If it sizzles – you’re good to go!
Take your salmon fillets and place them skin side down onto the hot pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes (depending on thickness), using a spatula to press salmon down.
Once the sides of the salmon have turned more opaque, flip the fish so that the skin-less side is touching the pan. Turn off the heat, and let the fish cook for another minute or two.
The goal is to have the outside cooked, but the insides still soft and tender!
Transfer the cooked salmon to a plate, leaving the crispy skin on. Serve with a side of grains and veggies, and drizzle with yogurt sauce.
How To Make Yogurt Sauce
To make the parsley yogurt sauce that gets served with this turmeric salmon, simply add the following ingredients to a food processor:
- Plain greek yogurt
- Fresh parsley
- Garlic powder
- Lemon juice
- Salt + pepper
Pulse everything until well-combined, adjusting seasonings to taste!
If you don’t own a food processor, you can make this by hand by chopping the parsley very finely and mixing everything together in a bowl.
I love this mini food processor to make sauces in! It’s more affordable and takes up way less space than a full-sized food processor. An excellent option for smaller recipes!
What To Serve With Turmeric Salmon
Salmon Health Benefits
Salmon is one of my favourite types of fish to eat. Not only because it tastes great and it’s easy to cook, but because it has so many awesome nutrition and health benefits!
Salmon is a good source of:
- high-quality, complete protein (a 3-oz or 85-gram serving has 17 grams)
- heart-healthy unsaturated fatty acids, including omega-3s
- B-vitamins, like B12, B6, thiamin, riboflavin, and niacin.
Greek Yogurt Health Benefits
Another one of my favourite ingredients to use is plain Greek yogurt (or Icelandic skyr if you’d prefer), and not just for breakfast!
Greek yogurt is a good source of:
- high-quality, complete protein (a 3/4-cup serving has 16 grams)
- micronutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin A, and B12
- gut-friendly probiotic bacteria
More Healthy Salmon Recipes
- Grilled Salmon With Wasabi Dill Yogurt Sauce
- Broccoli, Cauliflower & Salmon Salad With Curry Tahini
- Baked Harissa Salmon Over Lemon Quinoa
- Honey Lemon Baked Salmon With Thyme
- Baked Salmon With Pistachio Pesto
- Crispy Salmon With Coconut Honey & Lime
Did you give this Crispy Turmeric Salmon With Yogurt Sauce a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Crispy Turmeric Salmon With Yogurt Sauce
Parsley Yogurt Sauce:
- 2/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon, juice only
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Brush all of the oil-turmeric mixture over salmon fillets, coating well. Crack salt + pepper over salmon and set aside.
- Make the yogurt sauce by placing all sauce ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until well-combined. Set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat. Test to make sure the pan is hot enough by splashing a drop of water on it. If it sizzles – you're good to go!
- Take your salmon fillets and place them skin side down onto the hot pan. Cook for 3-5 minutes (depending on thickness), using a spatula to press salmon down.
- Once the sides of the salmon have turned more opaque, flip the fish so that the skin-less side is touching the pan. Turn off the heat, and let the fish cook for another minute or two. The goal is to have the outside cooked, but the insides soft and tender.
- Transfer the cooked salmon to a plate, leaving the crispy skin on. Serve with a side of cooked grains and veggies. Drizzle yogurt sauce overtop + enjoy!