Creamy Mashed Banana Chai Tea Oatmeal With Figs
Oh my gosh. THIS OATMEAL.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I love making stove-top oatmeal with mashed banana and chia seeds. It makes for the creamiest consistency and gives a perfectly sweet taste without the need for added sugars. This is one of my signature breakfasts, and it’s seriously hard to go back to eating oatmeal without these ingredients now.
I recently had the chance to sample Dona Chai’s Chai Tea Concentrate, a locally-brewed mixture of freshly ground chai spices and cold pressed ginger root. Not only do I love supporting local companies, but this stuff tastes delicious! It’s so easy to make a hot or cold chai tea latte using this, but my absolute favorite way to use it has to be in oatmeal. Topped with fresh figs, creamy peanut butter, coconut flakes, pepitas, and cacao nibs, this is one filling, healthy, and mouthwatering way to start your day.
Get the Recipe: Creamy Mashed Banana Chai Tea Oatmeal With Figs & Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Dona Chai Chai Tea Concentrate
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 banana (mash half in oatmeal, slice other half for topping)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 fresh figs
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- optional toppings: pepitas, cacao nibs, coconut flakes
- In a small saucepan, mix chai tea concentrate, rolled oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, and milk of choice. Slice banana in half, and mash one half into the oat mixture. Cook over medium-low heat until liquid is absorbed to the consistency you like; stir frequently, making sure banana mixes throughout.
- Pour oatmeal into a small bowl and add the other half of the banana (sliced), sliced figs, peanut butter, and other toppings. Enjoy hot!
As a dietitian, I create recipes with whole food ingredients that provide the nutrients needed for optimal health. My nutrition philosophy does not focus on numbers; however, I understand that this information can be helpful.
Do note that the nutrition info provided is an estimate and I cannot guarantee correctness of the displayed values. These numbers will differ depending on brands used, recipe modifications, and amount eaten. If you require specific nutrition information due to medical reasons, please consult with your dietitian or physician.