Coconut Chia Pudding With Honey & Lime
This Coconut Chia Pudding is made with just 4 simple, healthy ingredients. It’s super quick + easy, plus it’s vegan + gluten-free. Add toppings as desired for a yummy make-ahead breakfast or snack idea!
Chia pudding will forever be one of my favourite grab-and-go healthy breakfast or snack options. It’s perfect for meal prep and so easy to pack with you or to keep in your fridge for a quick bite!
As a dietitian, I always aim to make snacks and breakfasts that contain protein, healthy fats, and fibre. This unique combination takes longer to digest than a carbohydrate-only meal. Plus, it also helps to balance your blood sugars, preventing those unwanted spikes and crashes in energy.
If you couldn’t already guess, this coconut chia pudding ticks all those boxes!
All you need to make this recipe are 4 simple, healthy ingredients. It takes a few minutes to mix everything together before placing it in the fridge for a couple hours to let it “swell” into a pudding. Add toppings as desired + that’s it!
Is Coconut Chia Pudding Healthy?
Chia puddings are one of my favourite healthy breakfasts/snacks, and this coconut milk version is no different!
Chia seeds are rich in:
- Dietary fibre, which helps with satiety, blood sugar balance, lowering cholesterol, and regulating your digestion. 2 Tbsps of chia seeds provide 10 grams of fibre – 40% of your daily needs!
- Omega-3 fatty acids, which play a role in heart health, brain health, and reducing inflammation throughout the body.
- Protein, which provides the building blocks for your body’s tissues. 2 Tbsps of chia seeds provides 4 grams.
- Essential minerals, like magnesium, calcium, and iron. 2 Tbsps of chia seeds provide 23%, 17%, and 12% of your daily needs, respectively.
Coconut milk is a good source of:
- Vitamins + minerals, like manganese, copper, magnesium, selenium, potassium, iron, folate, and vitamin C
- Fats, which help with the development of our brains, hormones, and all cells throughout our bodies. Fat also helps to absorb fat-soluble vitamins and helps to keep us feeling full and satisfied. Despite being higher in saturated fats, research shows that coconut intake may actually improve cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
How To Make Coconut Chia Pudding
To make this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients (not including toppings):
- Coconut milk
- Chia seeds
- Lime juice
All you need to do is mix all 4 ingredients into a large bowl, jar, or container. Stir well, cover, and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
Remove from the fridge and give the ingredients another stir. The chia seeds will swell up in the coconut milk, making a thick, creamy pudding!
I typically recommend a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio for chia pudding, or 3-4 Tbsps of chia seeds to 1 cup liquid. If you prefer a thinner pudding, stick to the 3:1 ratio; if you prefer something thicker, try the 4:1.
If your pudding is too thick, add a splash more liquid. Too thin, add more chia seeds!
Shop The Post
Organic Coconut Milk
Nutiva Organic Chia Seeds
Wedderspoon Raw Manuka Honey
Which Coconut Milk To Use For Chia Pudding
To make this coconut chia pudding, I recommend using full-fat or lite canned coconut milk.
While you can use thinner coconut milk that comes in a carton (like almond milk), it won’t give that creamy coconut taste that canned coconut milk provides!
Coconut Chia Pudding Topping Ideas
This coconut chia pudding recipe provides the perfect base for SO many different topping ideas and combinations.
To stay with the tropical flavours of this recipe, I recommend using fresh summer fruits like pineapples, mangoes, bananas, or strawberries. I also used a touch of fresh mint which paired perfectly with this recipe!
For a little crunch, you can add some chopped nuts (like almonds) or granola.
It’s meant to be enjoyed cold, so all you have to do is grab a serving from the fridge, add toppings, and enjoy!
More Chia Seed Recipes
- Key Lime Pie Chia Pudding
- Maple Kefir Chia Pudding
- Blended Chocolate Ginger Chia Pudding
- Blended Raspberry Chia Pudding
- How To Make Chia Jam: 3 Ways
- Ginger Pear Chia Jam
Did you give this Coconut Chia Pudding With Honey & Lime a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Coconut Chia Pudding With Honey & Lime
- In a large bowl or jar, stir coconut milk, chia seeds, honey, and lime juice together until well-combined.
- Cover bowl/jar and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge and stir chia pudding again. Serve and add toppings as desired!