Cinnamon Raisin Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spread
This pumpkin cream cheese spread, flavoured with touches of cinnamon, raisins, vanilla, and ginger is the perfect fall upgrade for traditional cream cheese!
I still have memories of being a young girl and going to this place in Vancouver called the Bagel Street Cafe with my mom. Ever since then, a warm, toasted bagel with plain cream cheese has been one of my all time favorite treats.
I was really excited when Clean Plates reached out to me to do a collaboration with Arla cream cheese. When I read that Arla only uses 4 ingredients in their original cream cheese, compared with the 11 ingredients you’ll find in the leading cream cheese brand, I couldn’t wait to give it a try.
There is nothing artificial about these ingredients, only cream, skim milk, salt, and cheese culture. The ingredients, plus the smooth, clean taste, makes this nutrition student very happy!
Clean Plates wanted to show ways to make typically not-so-healthy comfort foods healthier, and I immediately was thinking of ways to up the nutrition factor in your typical bagel and cream cheese.
Taking inspiration from my favorite season, I came up with this pumpkin cream cheese spread, flavored with touches of cinnamon, raisins, vanilla, and ginger. Paired with a toasted whole wheat bagel, this takes the traditional bagel to a whole new level – one packed with vitamin A, fiber, and delicious spices – yet still just as comforting.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! I’ll be sure to update this post with a link to the feature once it’s up on the Clean Plates website 🙂
More Easy Dips & Sauces
If you give this Cinnamon Raisin Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spread a try, let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below! Be sure to follow along on Instagram and Pinterest for more simple, healthy recipe ideas.
Get the Recipe: Cinnamon Raisin Pumpkin Cream Cheese Spread
Pumpkin Cream Cheese:
- 1/2 cup Arla original cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp raisins
Whole wheat bagel, crackers, toast, etc. (to serve)
- Mix all the cream cheese ingredients (except for the raisins) in a food processor, and process until smooth. Adjust spices to taste
- Add in raisins and pulse, mixing the raisins throughout the spread, but leaving small chunks.
- Transfer spread to a glass jar or container and keep in fridge for an hour to chill.
- Add spread to toasted whole wheat bagels, crackers, or toast. Keep remaining spread in the fridge. It will last for about 3-4 days. Enjoy!