Blended Raspberry Chia Pudding (Vegan Option)
Happy Valentine’s Day friends! In honour of the holiday, I thought I’d share with you this festive breakfast (or dessert) option: blended raspberry chia pudding. I made this recipe over the weekend, and my boyfriend absolutely DEVOURED two of the pudding cups. Anyone else feel extra happy when their S.O. loves the (healthy) food they make?!
This was my first time trying blended chia pudding, but I was inspired to try it to see if it would give more of a true pudding-like mouthfeel. I recently posted a question on my Instagram, asking you guys if you liked or disliked chia pudding. The responses were quite divided, with the main reason for disliking it being the texture. So, for those of you who are looking for something smoother – give blending it a try! I’d love to know if you guys enjoy it more this way!
Get the Recipe: Blended Raspberry Chia Pudding (Vegan Option)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups milk of choice (e.g. almond, oat, hemp, soy, cow)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cups raspberries (thawed, if frozen)
- Toppings as desired: muesli, granola, nuts, coconut flakes, dried fruit, etc.
- In a large bowl or glass jar, mix all ingredients (EXCEPT raspberries + toppings). Be sure to mix well, so that chia seeds are distributed in milk (you might need to give the jar a few shakes). Place in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- Once mixture has reached a thickened, pudding-like consistency, place into a high-speed blender along with the raspberries. Blend well.
- Pour blended chia pudding into glasses for serving. Add toppings as desired. Mixture can be kept in the fridge for a few days if needed. Enjoy cold!