Baked Parsnip Fries With Honey Mustard Sauce
These baked parsnip fries are such an easy, delicious way to reap the many health benefits of parsnips. Served with the most amazing honey mustard sauce for dipping!
Making “fries” out of root vegetables is such a fun, delicious, and easy way to make sure you’re getting enough veggies in your day.
These oven-baked parsnip fries are beyond simple to make. Just cut them up, toss them in olive oil, pop them in the oven for about 15 minutes, and you’ve got a tasty veggie side dish to enjoy with any meal.
I paired these parsnip fries with a homemade honey mustard sauce, as the flavours pair beautifully. That said, you can always skip the sauce and serve them with whatever you’d like – a little ketchup or mayo always works well!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this simple recipe:
- olive oil
- mustard (I used dijon)
- white wine vinegar
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
How To Make Parsnip Fries
Parsnip fries are so easy to make at home!
Then, peel and slice parsnips into thin (approx 1/2-inch thick) strips. To cut the parsnip, I like to slice it in half first so that you have smaller pieces of the vegetable to work with.
Place the cut parsnips onto the baking sheet and toss them in olive oil and a generous amount of salt. Spread them into a single layer, and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway. They should be lightly browned – not burnt – when done.
How To Make Honey Mustard Sauce
While the parsnips are in the oven, make the honey mustard sauce to dip them in!
To do so, simply whisk together mayo, mustard, honey, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
Nutrition & Health Benefits Of Parsnips
Parsnips are a type of tuberous root vegetable that pack in a nutritious punch:
- dietary fibre, with 1 cup of parsnips containing 6.5 grams (26% of your daily needs)
- vitamins C, K, E, B6, folate, and thiamine
- minerals, like magnesium, phosphorus, and zinc
- antioxidants, like vitamin C
More Easy Root Vegetable Recipes
- Oven-Baked Root Vegetable Frittata
- Juicy, Oven-Roasted Radishes
- Sweet Potato Hash With Red Pepper & Kale
- Maple-Roasted Carrots With Harissa Yogurt
- Balsamic Roasted Beet Salad & Dressing
Did you give this Baked Parsnip Fries Recipe a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Baked Parsnip Fries With Honey Mustard Sauce
- 3 large parsnips
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt (generous amount)
- Place the cut parsnips onto the baking sheet and toss them in olive oil and a generous amount of salt. Spread them into a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake the parsnips in the oven for about 15 minutes, flipping/tossing halfway. They should be lightly browned – not burnt – when done (keep a good eye on them!)
- While the parsnips are in the oven, make the honey mustard sauce by whisking all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl.