Baked Feta With Tomatoes & Mezzetta Peppers
This easy baked feta is paired with three kinds of peppers, tomatoes, and fresh herbs. It’s a delicious and healthy-ish appetizer recipe that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser at any party or get-together!
This post is sponsored by Mezzetta. As always, all words, thoughts, and opinions are my own. Thank you for continuing to support the brands who help make Walder Wellness possible!
When Mezzetta asked me to create a Super Bowl Party recipe using their peppers products, I knew I was up for the challenge. Having never watched the Super Bowl myself though, I had to consult my boyfriend on this one. Let’s just say, he definitely approved this recipe and told me it was 100% Super Bowl Party appropriate :).
And oh my gosh you guys. This Baked Feta recipe is SO good! It’s made with simple ingredients like three types of peppers, cherry tomatoes, and tons of delicious herbs. Plus, it’s super easy to make. You basically just mix all the ingredients together and pour them overtop a slab of feta cheese. Pop it in the oven for 20 mins, and you’ve got a perfect party appetizer ready to go.
Not sure what to make for your upcoming Super Bowl Party (or really, any get together)? Looking to make or bring something that at least gets a little bit of vegetables in, but that will be loved by everyone? Why not give this recipe a try? It’s beyond easy, super delicious, and I promise your guests will be big fans.
Want more appetizer ideas? Check out my roundup of 10+ easy appetizer recipes for more inspiration!
How To Make Baked Feta
To start making this recipe, preheat your oven to 400F.
Next, toss some sliced cherry or grape tomatoes with the peppers, olive oil, sliced garlic, dried basil, and dried thyme. For this recipe, I used Mezzetta’s Roasted Bell Pepper Strips, Tamed Jalapeño Peppers, and Sweet Cherry Peppers. I love the flavour combination from the three different types of peppers here. It added such a nice punch of sweet, savoury, sour, and spice to this appetizer.
Then, place one or two slabs of feta (depending on size) into a baking dish. Pour the pepper and tomato mix around the feta, drizzling some of the remaining juices overtop of the cheese. Place your baking dish in the oven, and let bake for 20 minutes. Finish the feta under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, to get everything a little bit browned.
Remove the baked feta from the oven and top with fresh basil and black pepper. Serve alongside crackers, slices of baguette, pita bread, or vegetable crudités (I particularly liked this over cucumber rounds). If you’d prefer, you could even use the baked feta as a sandwich topper or pressed into a panini!
Storage & Reheating Instructions
This dish is meant to be served warm, ideally straight from the oven. But if you have to make it in advance of your party, simply reheat it for about 5-10 minutes in the oven (350F) before serving.
If you have any leftovers (highly unlikely), simply drain any excess liquid from the baking dish. Transfer ingredients to an airtight container and keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. Leftovers can be enjoyed as before, or repurposed and added to an omelette, pasta, salad, or sandwich.
More Healthy Recipe Ideas For A Party
- Whipped Feta With Balsamic-Roasted Strawberries
- Healthy Roasted Vegetable Dips: 3 Ways
- Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
- Healthy Canned Salmon Potato Salad
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes With Parsley Yogurt
- Strawberry Peach Crisp
Did you give this Baked Feta With Tomatoes & Peppers Recipe a try? Let me know by leaving a comment and recipe rating below!
If you do make this recipe, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram or Pinterest – seeing your creations always makes my day. You can also subscribe to my email list to never miss a new recipe or nutrition education post!
Get the Recipe: Baked Feta With Tomatoes & Mezzetta Peppers
- 15 oz feta cheese block (420 grams)
- 12 oz cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (340 grams)
- 1 cup Mezzetta Roasted Bell Pepper Strips
- 1/2 cup Mezzetta Sweet Cherry Peppers
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta Tamed Jalapeño Peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Black pepper, to taste
- Serve with: crackers, baguette slices, pita chips, or vegetable crudités (e.g. sliced cucumber rounds)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, toss halved tomatoes with 3 types of peppers, olive oil, dried basil, dried thyme, and sliced garlic cloves.
- Place block(s) of feta in a baking dish. Pour the pepper and tomato mix around the feta, drizzling some of the remaining juices overtop of the cheese.
- Place your baking dish in the oven, and let bake for 20 minutes. Finish the feta under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, to get everything a little bit browned.
- Remove the baked feta from the oven and top with fresh basil and black pepper. Serve with crackers, baguette, or vegetable crudités. Enjoy immediately!