Avocado Boats With Mango, Strawberries & Balsamic Vinegar
One of my favorite snacks is simply to slice an avocado in half, pour in a little bit of balsamic vinegar, sprinkle on some salt and pepper, and dig in with a spoon (as seen here). It is so easy and quick to do, tastes deliciously creamy, and the healthy fats in the avocado will keep you feeling full and satisfied until your next meal comes around.
I decided to take it up a notch – although this is still very simple – and add fresh strawberries and mango to the mix, as these fruits complement the avocado surprisingly well (a fact I learned from making sushi way back in high school)! I highly recommend adding this mix to your next salad for a fruity twist.
I hope you guys enjoy this simple treat as much as I do!
Get the Recipe: Avocado Boats with Mango, Strawberry & Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 ripe mango
- 2-3 strawberries (depending on size)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp chia or hemp seeds (optional for topping)
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Slice avocado in half and remove pit.
- Pour balsamic vinegar into avocado (where the pit used to be) - 1 Tbsp per half.
- Chop mango and strawberries, place on top of avocado halves.
- Sprinkle chia seeds or hemp seeds. Add salt + pepper to taste.
- Scoop with a spoon and enjoy!